The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

· Registered
1,741 Posts
I've never been to New Mexico, but I think the gun laws would make me think twice about getting into physical altercations. It's always a calculated risk, but that's a whole other thing to take into consideration.

Having said that, I doubt I would stand by and let someone wreak havoc, either. In this case, the employee had lots of backup.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
I've never been to New Mexico, but I think the gun laws would make me think twice about getting into physical altercations. It's always a calculated risk, but that's a whole other thing to take into consideration.

Having said that, I doubt I would stand by and let someone wreak havoc, either. In this case, the employee had lots of backup.
Got Family in Santa Fe, Rancho De Taos, Taos, Las Cruces , Roswell, Corona, Aztec and Española, New Mexico.
Robbers that break into houses over there tend to get shot.
In fact, while visitin Family over in Aztec, N.M , a young man tried to steal a Pumpkin from a pumpkin patch and a " Good Samaritan " ran over the kid with his car .... he got aquitted , months later .

New Mexico has gun laws that are almost as bad as Texas .

Reactions: Grab n Go

· Premium Member
18,132 Posts
New Mexico has gun laws that are almost as bad as Texas .
How so?
They have open carry laws, if I'm not mistaken?
As a criminal, I wouldn't risk doing anything if I knew that anyone around me may possibly be armed and would stop me dead if I tried to commit a crime.
Where as, being in an gun free state, I'll feel confident committing a crime knowing everyone around me is unarmed.
:unsure:

· Premium Member
Reverend Flatroc (1st gen import), Gibson Melody Maker (2003 variation), Tele Builds
5,731 Posts
How so?
As a criminal, I wouldn't risk doing anything if I knew that anyone around me may possibly be armed and would stop me dead if I tried to commit a crime.
Where as, being in an gun free state, I'll feel confident committing a crime knowing everyone around me is unarmed.
It doesn't really seem to stop the people who are actual criminals though. Still plenty of crime in those States. Meth and Opiate epidemics tend to make people not give a crap about much of anything. And make people dangerous.

· Premium Member
3,119 Posts
It doesn't really seem to stop the people who are actual criminals though. Still plenty of crime in those States. Meth and Opiate epidemics tend to make people not give a crap about much of anything. And make people dangerous.
Agreed. Guns and more guns doesn't seen to make a much of a difference except for the manufacturer's bottom line.

· Premium Member
Reverend Flatroc (1st gen import), Gibson Melody Maker (2003 variation), Tele Builds
5,731 Posts
Agreed. Guns and more guns doesn't seen to make a much of a difference except for the manufacturer's bottom line.
Ya I don't consider myself super opinionated on gun control or anything. The massive issues with lack of treatment for mental health, and epidemics of scary drugs being abused now make for a bad situation for a lot of things though.

· Premium Member
3,119 Posts
Ya I don't consider myself super opinionated on gun control or anything. The massive issues with lack of treatment for mental health, and epidemics of scary drugs being abused now make for a bad situation for a lot of things though.
More guns though, don't seem to make much of a deterrent.
Like another mass shooting in LA this morning...crazy shit.

· Premium Member
5,731 Posts
More guns though, don't seem to make much of a deterrent.
Like another mass shooting in LA this morning...crazy shit.
Ya, I didn't finish my thought while tired lol, but the people with the issues I mention don't seem to have issues obtaining firearms even legally. There's so many of these mass shooting were the people had legally obtained guns despite having issues that should have prevented that.

Anyway, one thing I know is making any comment about gun control won't end well. So that's about all I have to say lol.

· Premium Member
3,119 Posts
Ya, I didn't finish my thought while tired lol, but the people with the issues I mention don't seem to have issues obtaining firearms even legally. There's so many of these mass shooting were the people had legally obtained guns despite having issues that should have prevented that.

Anyway, one thing I know is making any comment about gun control won't end well. So that's about all I have to say lol.
lol...yup.

· Registered
535 Posts
How so?
As a criminal, I'd shoot them first and steal their gun.

· Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
He was probably a relic hater who made some "poser" comment about something out of the Fender Custom Shop. I've seen that kind of response from relic lovers on line before. 🤔😉😁
In that case, time to start a GoFundMe for his defence fund ;)

• Haha
Reactions: AJ6stringsting

· Registered
1,058 Posts
I've lived in dangerous areas of Los Angeles, Fresno and The Dallas / Fort Worth area.
Most times, guys carry guns because they can fight with their hands and can't give an ass kicking or take one .

But something messed up, is when Civilians have military grade death machines .
Civilians don't deserve to have Assault Weapons, they're only good for killing people .

· Premium Member
6,953 Posts
There's a right wing narrative that defunding the police means getting rid of the police. This isn't true. What defunding is actually trying to accomplish is removing duties from the police that they have proven over and over again they are not competent to complete, and hiring people who can deal with these types of issues without someone dying. They want to stop paying the police to beat, maim and kill mentally handicapped people when they are having a bad day and the cops shows up and shoot them dead. Or family disputes and the cops shows up and shoot them dead. There are so many of these type of encounters that it's clear police are not capable of dealing with mental health calls and deaf people etc. They beat and murder them when they don't obey. So let the cops deal with criminals and let people trained to deal with mental health problems and family disputes and children etc. deal with them. Everything was under control until the thugs with the guns and badges showed up and escalated it into a murder.

· Premium Member
5,731 Posts
There's a right wing narrative that defunding the police means getting rid of the police. This isn't true. What defunding is actually trying to accomplish is removing duties from the police that they have proven over and over again they are not competent to complete, and hiring people who can deal with these types of issues without someone dying. They want to stop paying the police to beat, maim and kill mentally handicapped people when they are having a bad day and the cops shows up and shoot them dead. Or family disputes and the cops shows up and shoot them dead. There are so many of these type of encounters that it's clear police are not capable of dealing with mental health calls and deaf people etc. They beat and murder them when they don't obey. So let the cops deal with criminals and let people trained to deal with mental health problems and family disputes and children etc. deal with them. Everything was under control until the thugs with the guns and badges showed up and escalated it into a murder.
And a right wing narrative that the same people just want criminals to go free. It's about reforming a broken system in general and understanding mental health issues. I'm not excusing far left views anymore than far right, both are why extremism sucks. But 'defunding the police' mainly seems to be a completely misunderstood terminology. Especially by people who have never had to deal with mental health issues and choose to ignore that the police aren't remotely qualified to deal with that. That's not a knock on all law enforcement, I am quite sure a lot of them would totally admit this is an issue.

Also, defunding also applies to that the police maybe don't need to have the equipment of a private military and be acting like a private military at times ( instead of protect and serve). Which is an escalating issue.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Funny thing about the Right in America .... they love Cops , as long as they kill people of Color , but as soon as their Terrorists try to tear apart our Democracy and the Constitution during a Peaceful Transfer of Power .... Cops have to be be defended.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts