The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,137 Posts
The red sign is standing before the employee throws him out, so we know the guy hits the sign during the toss.
all that matters IMO is Employee intent..to throw him on the sign deliberately to inflict damage, or not.

· Registered
19,540 Posts
That guy was deliberately trying to hurt the idiot in question, he should be charged.
It looked to me like he was trying to deliberately restrain him. It usually ends up in a bit of pain or discomfort for the restrainee. ;)

· Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Store employee handled the situation perfectly by kicking the white trash ass, (yes I'm white).
Wondering if New Mexico has adopted that California 'if you steal less than $1,000 worth of goods you won't be criminally charged ' state law, :rolleyes:

What that guy should have understood before trying to pull off his failed caper is this,

· Registered
19,540 Posts
Restraining is the opposite of throwing out.
When I first moved to Ontario as of kid of 18, I worked at the Cdn. Tire on Eglington and Dixie Rd. We had "undercover" security that posed as customers but were in effect, looking for thieves. I remember this one guy who ran and the security guy chased him and tackled him on the other side of the street by the cement curb. I am sure the thief got scraped up a bit and bruised but that's what he got for running. Others didn't get that far and were tackled in the parking lot. Again, there had to be some bruising. When thieves run and fight. some form of physical exertion against them is necessary to stop them. Thieves with a bit more intelligence or experience recognize this and give up before there needs to be physical restraint exorcised against them.

Reactions: laristotle

· Premium Member
2,361 Posts
When I first moved to Ontario as of kid of 18, I worked at the Cdn. Tire on Eglington and Dixie Rd. We had "undercover" security that posed as customers but were in effect, looking for thieves. I remember this one guy who ran and the security guy chased him and tackled him on the other side of the street by the cement curb. I am sure the thief got scraped up a bit and bruised but that's what he got for running. Others didn't get that far and were tackled in the parking lot. Again, there had to be some bruising. When thieves run and fight. some form of physical exertion against them is necessary to stop them. Thieves with a bit more intelligence or experience recognize this and give up before there needs to be physical restraint exorcised against them.
In the instances you point out, you're referring to someone detaining someone else. Sure, no problem. In this case they're apparently throwing him out, not detaining him.
The whole thing makes even less sense if he assaulted an employee as people are saying.

Based on a very surface viewing, my guess would be that the idiot is in fact, a complete idiot and deserved to be tossed and probably arrested. That being said, security guy, as is often the case, has been waiting his whole life for this moment and seized whether it was appropriate or not. More facts will come out, and I'm more than happy to reassess. Of course I'm not really sure they have laws in New Mexico anyways.

· Registered
19,540 Posts
In the instances you point out, you're referring to someone detaining someone else. Sure, no problem. In this case they're apparently throwing him out, not detaining him.

The whole thing makes even less sense if he assaulted an employee as people are saying.
Why, if he assaulted someone? Except in that case he should have been held for the police.

· Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Because they should have detained him and held him for the police. Not roughed him up and tossed him into the street like he's counting cards at the Mirage.

What's on the video isn't exactly self defense.
If someone is violent, they might have been taking the best action to protect their staff and customers by getting him out of the store, then calling the police.

· Premium Member
1,265 Posts
More info from the local news, including comments from the local District Attorney.

Confirmed that he was intoxicated and grabbed the first employee that asked him to leave by the collar before the second employee gave him the good old fashioned ass kicking,... yeah,... not to difficult to conclude who the guilty party is.

Also, don't believe a word of what Deputy District Attorney Sarah Ebbers said about holding the thieves accountable with proper sentencing for their crimes. She stated that members of the public community have been subject to this on a daily basis and that they are watching their cases very closely when they are coming into her division in order to properly prosecute them.

I suppose if any of that were true these types of incidents would not be occurring on a daily basis to community members,... sounds like it has been going on for some time in her division.

Seems to me Joe citizen has had enough of the daily community criminal behaviour without it being resolved by law enforcement and have decided to take matters into their own hands.

I'll take a wild guess and say that it wasn't drunken rodeo clown Fredo's first failed caper.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
Years ago, I did maintenance janitorial work at a large Mall, a purse snatcher, nabbed a little old ladies purse, he was driving by me with a huge grin .... until I chucked a steel handle from a broom in his spokes, he flipped over and landed on his head .
He got knocked out and I stood over him as he came back to reality .

Next day, the security guards were playing it over and over on a video monitor, laughing their heads off .

· Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Years ago, I did maintenance janitorial work at a large Mall, a purse snatcher, nabbed a little old ladies purse, he was driving by me with a huge grin .... until I chucked a steel handle from a broom in his spokes, he flipped over and landed on his head .

Next day, the security guards were playing it over and over on a video monitor, laughing their heads off .
I'd pay to see that tape.

· Registered
19,540 Posts
Years ago, I did maintenance janitorial work at a large Mall, a purse snatcher, nabbed a little old ladies purse, he was driving by me with a huge grin .... until I chucked a steel handle from a broom in his spokes, he flipped over and landed on his head .:love:

Maybe he was stealing so he could afford to buy a bike helmet. :)

• Haha
Reactions: AJ6stringsting
21 - 40 of 67 Posts