The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using the same 3 stand set up live for a long time now and it has almost bit the big one. I have been considering one of those smaller 3-6 guitar stands that fold up into a case. Like this one....

Do any of you guys use these- if so- how are they- would this be a good investment and suitable for live playing? Can anyone recommend one over another or even better- does anyone have one for sale? I generally have 3 guitars out at a gig- but have more at home......

Phil

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had a 3-stand case and liked it. It was handy for taking out because it folded up to case size. I had to leave mine leaning up against a wall though, otherwise I feared it could easily tip over.

·
Premium Member
All the usual suspects...
202 Posts
I have the same as pictured above (6 slots) and I love it. I mainly use it in my shop whenever traffic gets high and the walls are full. It neatly folds up and takes up no more space thanks a Fender guitar case when not in use.

I also have a Hercules-style vertical 3-guitar stand and I feel the case stand is vastly superior in terms of stability and portability.

Pierre
www.torvisse.com

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Those 3-guitar stands and I have never got along. They're deadly if they get off balance. I like the case idea but only ever take 2 guitars to a gig. For a long time I have just been using good quality singles - they pack up in a gig bag easily and on a crowded stage I can place them separately as needed.

·
Premium Member
16,789 Posts
We bought one, its way more convenient than guitars and basses in cases off stage or leaning randomly side stage. It makes sense if you're going to load it up.

Kind of hard to find used, but they're out there.

·
Premium Member
3,152 Posts
Those 3-guitar stands and I have never got along. They're deadly if they get off balance. I like the case idea but only ever take 2 guitars to a gig. For a long time I have just been using good quality singles - they pack up in a gig bag easily and on a crowded stage I can place them separately as needed.
Hmm... I have been thinking about this. It's nice to have all the guitars out and ready in the garage but they take up so much space. On the other hand two guitars on a gig is just right. Wall hanger might be the thing at home but then there's the humidity issue in winter. Hmmm...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
The Hercules 3 stand (or 5, I forget) has served me well at home, and live. It folds up very nicely for packing in the car.

Hercules Stands - Folding Guitar Rack - 3 Piece
Yup.
I have both the 5 and the 3.
Usually the 5 stays in my studio and I take the 3 with me "out".
Strong, stable - not tippy, nice and light, easy to carry, folds up easy and user adjustable for guitar widths/spacing.
The 5 gives me room for 5 guitars while using a smaller floor footprint than I used to take up for 4 guitars with a pair of double stands and the guitars are safer because it's less tippy.

Win/win.

Reactions: DaddyDog
1 - 12 of 12 Posts