1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Telecaster / 339
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,427 Posts
I have 3 Yorkville cases and they are as good they need to be in their price range.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I use the Yorkville Tweed cases for both my Strat and Tele.

Reactions: CathodeRay

·
Registered
Telecaster / 339
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I got the Yorkville case for the 339 shipped from L&M.
Problem:
It's tight, I mean really tight at the lower bout.
I did manage to press it in with effort, but the latches are having some trouble
because the lower lip is sticking out a bit from the pressure on the inside wall.

Question: Is this normal for a new case or am I looking at a manufacturing defect?

·
Premium Member
18,789 Posts
It would certainly seem that it is a manufacturing defect, as the latches are not lining up and it is much too tight across the lower bout!!

Could it possibly have been 'mislabelled' at the factory (i.e., it is not actually a YEC-6H39 model)??

·
Registered
Telecaster / 339
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It would certainly seem that it is a manufacturing defect, as the latches are not lining up and it is much too tight across the lower bout!!

Could it possibly have been 'mislabelled' at the factory (i.e., it is not actually a YEC-6H39 model)??
Possible. Ok, I'll give 'em a call.

·
Registered
594 Posts
That's a beautiful 339 you've got there. I've got an 83 Ibanez AM205 that just happens to have the same dimensions as the 339. I think it costs about double what the off brand cases cost but I decided it was well worth it. The Gibson cases are top notch. If it was me I'd send that one back and spend the extra bucks for the real deal. Since it carries an Ibanez I removed the Gibson logo from this one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts