The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody suggest a reasonably priced maker of guitar cabs, ideally Canadian) other that Avatar from Stemco? Those are a good price, but I was just curious.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Check out EarCandy cabs. They are in the States, but have not trouble shipping to Canada.

I have one of the 1x12 Sovereign cabs and it's incredible.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Diy?

Ever think of building one yourself? Guitar cabs aren't too difficult and a good wood supplier and average woodworking skills are all that's required. Most of the little extras (handles, corners etc.) are easily obtained on line. For a quick intro, check out Celestion's web site. Find a cab you like the sound of and measure the interior volume and build yours to the same volume, or just experiment. This works for guitar cabs: bass and PA cabs are a different and much more complicated story.

Most guitar speaker spec sheets have a recommended minimum enclosure volume and that's a good starting point if you aren't copying a favourite cabinet.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info folks. I am speaking to Lee about making me a cab right now.

DIY is not for me as I do not even have minimal woodworking skills, nor the equipment or patience to do something like that...but thanks for the suggestion.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
McBride Loudspeaker Source Ltd. has provided me with drivers and related parts and has also provided cabinet dimensions and specs. Nice folks and easy to deal with.

638 Colby Dr., Waterloo Ontario, 519-884-3500

Peace, Mooh.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did check them out, but they are more expensive than I was hoping. I went with Clara Amps here in Calgary. Keith is great to deal with and I am sure will make me a fantastic cab.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not Canadian, but I thought I'd add JDesigns cabs out of California. Just got an unloaded 112 from them last month and it is great. The workmanship is real nice and the price was fair. Service from the owner Jeff Earl was spot on too.

Cheers,
Blair

1 - 10 of 10 Posts