1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Veruca Salt

·
Premium Member
12,970 Posts
Inspired by the two other threads....Songs or bands that you secretly (or not) love but won't admit it out loud. No shame, swallow hard and divulge :D

Spandau Ballet - True. Love this song and makes my wife laugh everytime.
Faith No More - makes my wife cringe everytime
I see nothing guilty in FNM. I love them. They've done some wicked stuff under that name and as side projects.

I guess David Grey? GF likes him - and so do I now.
I used to like The Fixx in the '80s. My buddies were all rockers and I had to keep that one to myself.

·
Premium Member
9,729 Posts
The recently deceased George Michael. I'm not a WHAM fan, but most of his solo singles are good with me any time anywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Madonna, Britney ("Work Bitch") ABC - always enjoyed Martin Fry's vocal histrionics - plenty of 70's and 80's radio top 40 like the Bee Gees.

This list could get embarrassingly long

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,954 Posts
Anyone remember when "Rick Rolls" were a thing? I didn't turn it off, I sang along.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Good heavens...it's a long way from White Rabbit but...maybe it's the knee deep in the hoopla!
Trend setting mannequin challenge, green screening and now I know where the dice from Bad Company's Stright Shooter album cover went!

[video]

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Pet Shop Boys
Daft Punk

Band: Styx

Song: Ra-Ra-Rasputin, Russia's famous love machine.
There's a South Park episode where they show Cartman's tic that whenever someone starts singing "Come Sail Away" by Styx, he can't help from singing the entire song.
Well, I have this tic where if someone mentions "Rasputin", I have to post this particular video! :D

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I don't like calling anything I like a guilty pleasure--if I like it--I like it.
I do have some suff that might surprise people that I like that song or band.

But here's an example--Puffy AmiYumi--some cool guitar in this:

·
Premium Member
11,413 Posts
Van Halen, the best party rock ever written. This is what happens when a Guitar God fronts a garage band.

Post Modern Jukebox.

Any number of classical artists.

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Inspired by the two other threads....Songs or bands that you secretly (or not) love but won't admit it out loud. No shame, swallow hard and divulge :D

Spandau Ballet - True. Love this song and makes my wife laugh everytime.
Faith No More - makes my wife cringe everytime
Gotta admit , True is a masterpiece. Too bad the band's other out put blows; the rest of that album is unlistennable (it was in the bargain bin; worth it for the single). Faith No More is hardly a guilty pleasure (not a 1 hit wonder and actually somewhat seminal).

Some of mine:

You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) - Dead or Alive
most of the Bull album by Bootsauce
Sunglasses at Night - Corey Heart
I'm Free - The Soup Dragons
Unbelievable - EMF
just about everything by Pop Will Eat Itself
Danger! High Voltage - Electric Six

In closing, remember that soundtracks matter and can make all the difference:

Van Halen, the best party rock ever written.
I don't think you get to call a band as popular as Van Halen a guilty pleasure.... and I'll see your best party rock title with:

Reactions: Alex

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I still like some of Partridge Family stuff. Solid pop tunes played by the Wrecking Crew and David Cassidy has a unique vocal style.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts