The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy let me have his D15 Guild to play around with. Really nice dreadnaught, a bit big for me but nice tone. First time i have played a mahogany guitar and enjoying this one. I know they are USA made and entry level guitars as far as Guild's are concerned. Anyone else play these?

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they are mahogany tops-I had one but had to sell due to financial constraints-best sounding Martin I ever had.
The Guild is complete mahogany, top, sides and back. Next time i am in L+M will grab a Martin. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
The budget friendly vintage version is the harmony h165

All mohagany but it’s ladder braced - not modern x bracing.

They Can be had on kijiji from $400 & up.

Nathan

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
From what I've heard, the ones built after the 1980's were better acoustically. Previous that that, they were overbuilt and lacked response. My friend's D40 from the 80's was like that. Response was somewhat flat and the sustain was short. If this is a later model, you likely have a decent guitar.

Reactions: marcos and Yelir

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
I am looking to sell this if anyone is interested. $575 plus shipping. Had setup done at gilmour guitars in red deer. Very nice guitar, just too many :( View attachment 232222
Mark, this is the wrong area to try and sell a guitar. The mods don't take kindly to this. May I suggest you move it to the for sale section?

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Martin D15M is all solid mahogany (I believe Martin has a wide range of all mahogany guitars in various styles) and it sounds beautiful. I spent a half an hour with one at my local L&M about 2 years ago and haven't stopped thinking about it since! The price was decent, but still a little out of my reach right now. I sometimes think I should have thrown caution to the wind, slapped down my Visa and begged forgiveness later. C'est la vie. Someday, maybe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts