Registered
1,348 Posts
how are you going to get all these guitars back to canada? lol:tongue:
congrats:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Pete the sneak strykes again!!!

Look at that ebony...ya musta sprayed some pledge on there or somethin' Pete.

:mad: :rolleyes: :food-smiley-015:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
according to my books, it was Gneco `till about 1975 when they changed the logo to Greco...which is why I bought it, because I knew it was an early one. In fact, it`s not easy getting info on them because prior to 1975 they didn`t use serial numbers to date em. Also in my books I found some info on the Maxon p`ups...a.k.a. as U-1000s. U standing for Ultra. Seems the company researched Gibson 50s PAFs when making their Maxons. Theres more but since you guys don`t have any Gnecos you`re probably not interested right? I bought a Gneco tele on line a couple of years ago...but it was the sorriest POS I`ve ever seen and kept it less than an hour before mailing the seller to tell him his guitar was on the way back to him. But this one has been a real nice surprise so far. It`s good to live in a smaller city sometmes `cause some sellers have no idea what they`re selling and there`s a lot less competition.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
oh yeah...the first pic was taken as soon as I got the guitar home while there was still some light which is why it`s kinda smudgy on the headstock. I then began taking it apart and cleaning it...I always do... and took a pic after I used a little lemon oil on the fretboard just before snapping the photograph ... kinda shiny ain`t it? I always take lots of pics of the insides of these old guitars `cause when I sell em, buyers appreciate as much info as they can get.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
well I live in a smaller city...about 1 million...so there isn`t as much competition as say Tokyo. Luck plays a big part and I visit the used shops ...there are only 3 or 4... frequently so maybe I just find stuff before others do. Don`t know. Most of the guitars I have I bought to re-sell before leaving and some have almost doubled in value since I bought em.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts