The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Ground issue?

754 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  SAE Effects 
#1 ·
Recently bought an Amp 11 by Lovepedal. I noticed yesterday, when the pedal is engaged and I touch either of the switches I get a hum/buzz like when you take you hands off your single coil guitars strings. I’m not sure if it happens when I touch the housing but assume it does.

I am not too concerned as it’s seems fine when not touching it. Should I be though?

#4 ·
I had an Amp 11 for a while and did not encounter that, so I don't think that is normal. If you purchased it new, I bet they would do something about that for you.

One thing to note about that pedal, it IS normal to hear a "whooshing" sound when adjusting the Boost level.

#5 ·
Thanks for the heads up on the boost. I still haven’t tried the first remedy as I haven’t payed for a couple of days.

Picked the pedal up used. Like what I hear so far. Wish the boost worked on its own. I believe the latest version does though.

#6 ·
So I tried @Chitmo remedy to no avail. One thing I read, if it has a lot of paint inside it may cause ground issues. This pedal does.

Definitely is a ground issue. I touched the switch which made it hum and then levitated (ok I was seated and picked my feet up) and it went away.

If it is not going to cause harm I won’t worry about it. But if it is I should get it fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.