The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought an Amp 11 by Lovepedal. I noticed yesterday, when the pedal is engaged and I touch either of the switches I get a hum/buzz like when you take you hands off your single coil guitars strings. I’m not sure if it happens when I touch the housing but assume it does.

I am not too concerned as it’s seems fine when not touching it. Should I be though?

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,108 Posts
May just need some tape on the battery clip in the pedal. If its touching the enclosure it may cause grounding issues.

Reactions: fretzel

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I had an Amp 11 for a while and did not encounter that, so I don't think that is normal. If you purchased it new, I bet they would do something about that for you.

One thing to note about that pedal, it IS normal to hear a "whooshing" sound when adjusting the Boost level.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up on the boost. I still haven’t tried the first remedy as I haven’t payed for a couple of days.

Picked the pedal up used. Like what I hear so far. Wish the boost worked on its own. I believe the latest version does though.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I tried @Chitmo remedy to no avail. One thing I read, if it has a lot of paint inside it may cause ground issues. This pedal does.

Definitely is a ground issue. I touched the switch which made it hum and then levitated (ok I was seated and picked my feet up) and it went away.

If it is not going to cause harm I won’t worry about it. But if it is I should get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Likely not grounding properly where the jacks contact the housing. Unscrew the jacks and sand off the paint on the insides and holes they go through. This should remedy the hum.

I will do that. It looks like it will be a bit of work to move everything.

In the meantime, is it causing any damage?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts