The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chance to buy one just like this in the early 90's...

http://www.vintageguitar.com/brands/details.asp?ID=189

I just didn't think I was a good enough guitar player at the time to justify the money. I'm still not good enough...but how I wish I had bought one when I had the opportunity.

Anyone out there have one, or ever played one? Supercool superaxe with the built in phase shifter effect. I might save my rubles in case I ever come across another one.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
^^
umm, not really.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I hold my head just right and squint my eyes in a certain light I can see a slight resemblance in the body shape. Of course there are some obvious differences, but the body shapes do have some similarities. It could be due to the fact that these are both large body guitars. Having said that, from the research I've done, the Gibson L-6s was designed a few years before the Gretsch Superaxe and those involved were not at all related in either project. The Gibson had me intrigued, but I still prefer that old Superaxe.

I see that nobody has place a bid on the Saxe listed on Ebay. I'm going to watch to see what happens. Maybe I will contact the seller to see where the bottom line is.

Cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts