The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone! I'm a member of the Warwick/Framus Social Media Team. We'd like to play an active part in the GuitarsCanada community and be available for comments, questions, and share in the the enthusiasm that comes along with great instruments! I'll try to answer any questions to the best of my ability, and provide detailed info whenever/wherever needed. Feel free to email or PM me here. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,346 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum.

I've always had a soft spot for a Thumb bass.

I just checked the Framus site, quite the array of model options.
More than one tasty specimen in there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! The Thumb bass is a fantastic instrument, indeed. And yes, Framus Guitars are available in a stunning array of models and options. They are created through a unique blend of cutting-edge technology and hand-craftsmanship, along with a dedication to setting the highest environmental standards...thanks for looking!

·
Who???
3,627 Posts
Gotta laugh here. I just trashed 1060s Framus guitars in a previous post! Really though, I bought at least 3 of them way back when for parts. Are they any better now? I had no problem with the hardware, just the design and wood materials. Low quality plywoods and cheap munufacture.

I would love to hear of anything different and I would definitely like to be educated and enlightened. Please change my opinionated opimion. New sources of information that relieve my seemingly relentless GAS are always welcome. Somehow I have always had a soft spot for Framus guitars.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotta laugh here. I just trashed 1060s Framus guitars in a previous post! Really though, I bought at least 3 of them way back when for parts. Are they any better now? I had no problem with the hardware, just the design and wood materials. Low quality plywoods and cheap munufacture.

I would love to hear of anything different and I would definitely like to be educated and enlightened. Please change my opinionated opimion. New sources of information that relieve my seemingly relentless GAS are always welcome. Somehow I have always had a soft spot for Framus guitars.
Thanks for the Welcome! Of course, Bluzfish, every has a right to their own opinion! The Framus guitars of today are built right alongside Warwick basses at our factory in Markneukirchen, Germany. The current lineup for Framus includes an incredible array of models and options, and we've recently reintroduced the Vintage line. (The Framus Vintage/Artist series and Warwick Pro/Artist series are made in Korea) The highest quality woods and components are used, along with a blend of cutting-edge technology and hand-craftsmanship. Have a look at the website, Framus International and see what we're offering! From the Diablo and Panthera solidbody models, to the AK-1974 and Mayfield's. We use a revolutionary UV lacquering system for ultra-thin, durable finish...and our proprietary and worldwide-unique Invisible Fretwork Technology lays the frets without compromising the structural integrity of the actual fingerboard - meaning the frets do not cut the whole way across the board - which offers a great improvement in neck stability and eliminates fret sprout entirely. Each fret is individually rounded and positioned with an accuracy of 1/100 of a mm. There's a lot of new things at Framus...have a look, and we'll be available for questions, comments, and to be a productive member of the forum. Thanks again!

G

·
A replacement body, if that's possible.
I have an early 70's epi 12 string where
the neck is shot but a good body. I was
planning to put the framus neck on this.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Welcome aboard! Just the man I've been looking for.

I have been to the site you referenced earlier in the thread in my quest for Warwick bass parts. Cost to ship a few small pieces of hardware -$60.

Long & McQuade are supposed to be the local supplier, but last time I asked, they claimed the distributor was changing and parts were not available temporarily.

Any info on a current Canadian-based source of Warwick bass parts would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dear Mike, our distributor in Canada is :

Korg Canada a division of Jam Industries
21000 TransCanada Hwy
Baie d'Urfe, Quebec
H9X 4B7

Steve Knowles
514-457-2555 x2236
[email protected]

Please let me know if there anything else I can help with!

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I don't know anything about Framus guitars except for the name but I was just looking at the Framus Vintage 5/120 Billy Lorento. One thing I like about it is the design of the pickguard and how it actually follows the design of the guitar rather than the cut-off style that is often seen that looks like an after thought rather than something that was designed for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Framus vintage line is really cool. This year at NAMM Billy Lorento (commonly known today as Bill Lawrence, the pickup maker) was presented with the recreation of his original signature model Framus from back in the 1950's. Framus was started by Fred Wilfer, the father of Warwick's Hans-Peter Wilfer, in 1946. Bill is now 81 years old...he came in his wheelchair, after surviving a 2 year battle with cancer and 20 days in a coma. He was so kind, and played for us for about 2 hours. a REAL treat!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I am surprised to see that Jam Industries is your distributor as they had purchased Washburn just a while back. But hey glad to see that Framus is making a come back here.
I know I loved my old Framus but alas I sold it a ways back and do miss that unique sound even with the twisted neck from the body, it played so dang well for what was considered to be just a low end guitar ( though I never thought so ) it recorded very well and as I mentioned played extremely well.ship

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the message Ship! What model of vintage Framus did you have? Although the vintage models were very cool and covered a wide range of qualities/options... the new Framus line-up is a totally different breed! Framus International Take care!

·
Who???
3,627 Posts
I must say that from looking at your web site, there look to be some damn fine instruments there! Now I guess my quest is to find a shop with some to try out. I'm still on the search for an ES 175 style hollowbody or something similar. I don't think I will buy anything until I can try out a Framus or 3.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks bluzfish! My favorite model in the line is the AK-1974...and also the Mayfield...and the Panthera, and...!!! Seriously, though...I've been through a lot of instruments in my 25 years of playing, and don't think I've come across anything that matches the level of quality and attention to detail. Please let me know if there is any way I can assist you!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts