The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys, name's Omar.:wave: I live in the West Island of Montreal, 18 years of age, turning 19 in March, go to John Abbott College.

I come here looking for guidance and inspiration. I love the concept of an online forum. I've contributed so much time in PC-gaming forums and have gained so much knowledge on building PCs and tech-related stuff. However, I've neglected another hobby that I had started about some 5 or 6 years ago and that is of course, guitar!

Long story short, after 'playing' for more than half a decade, I feel so ridiculously behind and completely lack any sort of confidence to play. Been wanting to start a small band merely for the experience, but I feel I lack considerable skill to do so. I also feel I've neglected my knowledge in rock music in general, as I've barely had the chance to listen to music at all for the past few months, with constant work and school, and I'm really only developing my taste in music now... Beatles, CCR, Fleetwood Mac, etc. Would like to get into that a lot more and understand the culture behind it.

I currently have an Ibanez GSA-60 and a Yamaha Acoustic. Will do some good reading of threads and hopefully engage in some discussion that will lead to a path of great improvement!

cheers :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thanks for a friendly welcome! However, I've looked through some threads and it seems to me that this forum is geared more towards the technical aspect of the guitar itself, from a hardware perspective. I was really looking for a place where I could learn to expand my guitar playing skills and not neccesarily discuss the guitar itself, like discussing technique and theory, and this doesn't look like the exact appropriate place for me... oh well :smile: thanks anyway

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome Omar :wave:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts