The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody.

The title is self explanatory. I'm new to the forum. Looking forward to learning and sharing knowledge with you guys.

A little about me, I live in Halifax. I just graduated from StFX University with A Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies. That was about 6 weeks ago. So do I have a job? Nope. Super unemployed. Oh the lifestyle of a musician. Oh well. I'm getting by at least and I've got a positive attitude so I'm not worried. I've taken quite an interest in fingerstyle acoustic playing which led me here. Artists like Mike Dawes, Jon Gomm, Kelly Valleau, Peter Gergely, Don Ross, etc I find very appealing.

I'd like to hear some of your guys stories too. Anyways cheers everbody!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Hey everybody.

The title is self explanatory. I'm new to the forum. Looking forward to learning and sharing knowledge with you guys.

A little about me, I live in Halifax. I just graduated from StFX University with A Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies. That was about 6 weeks ago. So do I have a job? Nope. Super unemployed. Oh the lifestyle of a musician. Oh well. I'm getting by at least and I've got a positive attitude so I'm not worried. I've taken quite an interest in fingerstyle acoustic playing which led me here. Artists like Mike Dawes, Jon Gomm, Kelly Valleau, Peter Gergely, Don Ross, etc I find very appealing.

I'd like to hear some of your guys stories too. Anyways cheers everbody!
I'm from Halifax as well. Actually, Fall River to be exact. I play lead guitar in the house band at Freeman's Sackville, and play the odd gig here and there. Currently playing bass for the Jen Miller Band.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm from Halifax as well. Actually, Fall River to be exact. I play lead guitar in the house band at Freeman's Sackville, and play the odd gig here and there. Currently playing bass for the Jen Miller Band.
You don't say? Small word eh?

I'm not actually in Halifax. I'm in Dartmouth if we're going to be specific. That's awesome though brother. I once played at Freeman's Fairview myself. I'll have to come see you one of these nights. What nights does the house band play?

Also I'm down to jam. I don't know many people around here since I've only lived here for about 6 weeks

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
You don't say? Small word eh?

I'm not actually in Halifax. I'm in Dartmouth if we're going to be specific. That's awesome though brother. I once played at Freeman's Fairview myself. I'll have to come see you one of these nights. What nights does the house band play?

Also I'm down to jam. I don't know many people around here since I've only lived here for about 6 weeks
We play Thursday nights to back up the open mic/ free jam performers.

·
Mad Strappier
470 Posts
I've been a member for many years, but recently came back... nice to be here again

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Welcome from the other side of Canada the sunny "wet coast" rain and more rain then by Saturday temps. to 26 cels.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts