The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wound up taking my 15 year old to London yesterday for Green Day. He was supposed to go with his cousin, but as luck would have it - his cousin just started a new job last Thursday so he couldn't get the time off to go.

I was impressed by it. Can't say I know much of their stuff - but I was surprised by how many tunes of theirs I did recognize. When they first came out, I was still out following the Grateful Dead around so never really gave them much thought. Nice to see guys giving it hard rather than the more stoic and immobile acts I tend to see... Was very surprised I got an email from the arena yesterday afternoon saying they would be playing until 11:30 - which led to us leaving during the encore to hit the highway back to the GTA. They did a nice little Johnny B. Goode cover for Mr. Berry, as well as a medley of other cover tunes such as Satisfaction, Hey Jude, Shout!, Careless Whisper...

They pulled a couple guys up on stage to help sing with them, and pulled a 17 year old girl up who said she had played guitar for 8 years to play on a tune. It didn't go so well for her, but they let her keep the guitar and told her it's so she can go take more lessons. Fun time, certainly for my son.

Green Day 1.JPG

Green Day 2.JPG

1 - 1 of 1 Posts