The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with info on these? The net is very confusing and need more personal info on them.Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Ok. Generally, they're good guitars but as with all those guitars from that era, the higher the model number the better quality guitar you get.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
1981 Greco spacey sound strat should be a SE500 model. Mid-range. All Poly. 7.25 radius. I have a 1981 SE600 that's real nice. A year or so later and these were Fender Japan. Quality out the ying yang.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Own it yet? :)
Talked to him a few times and its on consignement at a store in Ottawa and its a bit too much for me. So gonna pass for now unless it does not sell at the store and he sells it on his own. To tell the truth, it should sell cause its a great Strat, no issues. Thanks again Pat for all the info.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Talked to him a few times and its on consignement at a store in Ottawa and its a bit too much for me. So gonna pass for now unless it does not sell at the store and he sells it on his own. To tell the truth, it should sell cause its a great Strat, no issues. Thanks again Pat for all the info.
No problem, any time. Too bad it didn't work out for you.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
600.00 is a fair price for the guitar. Add taxes and a case on top and its bit out of my comfort zone when i want to sell it in a few years, and knowing me, i will LOL.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
600.00 is a fair price for the guitar. Add taxes and a case on top and its bit out of my comfort zone when i want to sell it in a few years, and knowing me, i will LOL.
You should look into proxy bidders on yahoo Japan like rinkya.com or jauce.com. You can probably pick up strats like that for cheaper.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You should look into proxy bidders on yahoo Japan like rinkya.com or jauce.com. You can probably pick up strats like that for cheaper.
Good idea Pat but i like to be able to try it out before i buy. The one in Ottawa was great to play but i always try to stick to my budget as i never keep guitars more than a few years. For now, will wait and see.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts