The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been doing some reading on tube amps on and off for a while, mostly Rob Robinette's site which is great. I still didn't really totally get 'it' though. But I just a watched a great vid that explains 'it' very well.

This is more of an intro for the uninitiated / good general knowledge vid than anything those of you who already get it would learn much from likely.

Vid from 'Uncle Doug' who I guess has all sorts of tube amp vids on YouTube. He's been mentioned a few times on this forum as being worth watching. I'll be watching more of him.

Anyway - great vid for those curious about what the hell that amp is actually doing! Part 2 may be more interesting than part 1, although the first 5 minutes of Part 1 is probably required watching...:

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I'd consider this a must view in its entirety to anybody who plays an electric guitar through a tube amp. Just this basic rundown has answered a bunch of questions that I've had lingering in the back of my mind about certain facets of my tube amps. Just subscribed.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
These videos are great! He's got more too.

I just learned about triodes vs tetrodes vs pentodes vs beam tetrodes.

Really well done.

·
Premium Member
16,789 Posts
I'm gonna watch this first one while I'm not tracking today. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Uncle Doug is back in action btw, his dog died and he took some time off to build a 27 model A truck with a SB chevy under the hood. pretty cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts