1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Monoprice Indio Tele. All I've done to mine is install a Tusq nut, but it played fine before. I love the neck and I've already made 3X more than I spent on it gigging with it. The bridge, tuners and jack plate are all great, and so is the finish, although I ordered a blue one and I got a blue one with a green top. I don't care, it still looks great. right now it's 30% off.
Monoprice Indio Retro DLX Quilted Maple Top Electric Guitar with Gig Bag Trans Blue - Monoprice.com
Yes, decent price for a quilted top look. Rondo also has some deals on teles. I bought an alder body SX with arm and belly cut in a burst finish for $100.00 USD.

Reactions: keefsdad

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you can get the tone you're looking for out of it then it's a great score! I always get a chuckle out of guys who haul $3000-$5000 worth of guitars and amps to a $200 gig! I'm not about to drag my good stuff out in the cold, the rain, the heat, onto a cramped stage where I'm worried about banging it off a cymbal or the wall and then even more worried about someone walking off with it during an intermission or while loading/unloading, and let's not even talk about the lead singer spilling his beer on it! I'm much happier bringing my "B" gear to a gig!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you can get the tone you're looking for out of it then it's a great score! I always get a chuckle out of guys who haul $3000-$5000 worth of guitars and amps to a $200 gig! I'm not about to drag my good stuff out in the cold, the rain, the heat, onto a cramped stage where I'm worried about banging it off a cymbal or the wall and then even more worried about someone walking off with it during an intermission or while loading/unloading, and let's not even talk about the lead singer spilling his beer on it! I'm much happier bringing my "B" gear to a gig!
Yeah, it's one less thing to worry about. I take transit a lot, and it's nice and light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts