The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to highschool with a guy that made guitars for a living. He stopped making them a few years ago and now just does contract work for guitar making companies instead (godin, larivee I think).

He called them 'gould' because that is where he lives. I think there is a California guitar maker that has the same name...

I bought a couple of his guitars. They are extremely well crafted, high end guitars. He used to sell them for $3000 + US - mind you, he didn't sell enough to make a good living at it either...

Still, fabulous guitars and the most impressive aspect of them is the remarkable trem system that he designed. It has no springs, is all mechanical, and so sits as a fixed bridge when not in use. It is by far the best system I have seen/used. I am not a fan of floating bridges...

anyone else have experience with Gould guitars

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the the late 80's I use to run all over the country as a stagehand with an Alice Cooper tribute call'JUST ALICE',and whenever possible we'd stop in at our sound mans farm in Gould PQ to dry out and enjoy the simple quite life of the farm.His father was a genus and a great father and husband and every day before supper he'd break out his homemade liquid stash he called"Gould Gold",and we'd have a few shots before our meal. His son"Andrew" had just started a little work station above the garge and began crafting guitars made of birds eye maple.Outstanding craftsmanship and attension to detail and I am lucky to have sitting right in front of me guitar#5 1984 signed by the man himself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts