The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
Trying to make a good impression compared to fireworks by Niagara Falls? No pressure, eh? A bit like trying to follow Iggy Pop or Springsteen, or RAMMSTEIN. Have fun!

·
Premium Member
16,832 Posts
Good stuff! We'll miss you by one day, coming down Saturday and attending the Shaw on Sunday.
I'm guessing you mean Shaw Theatre? What are you seeing?

My sister is in a couple of productions.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Good stuff! We'll miss you by one day, coming down Saturday and attending the Shaw on Sunday.
Have been there a number of times. We used to go when we lived in Milton and then more often when we lived it St. Catharines. A friend of ours is a hairdresser for the cast members and she would often get us free tickets. NOTL is a charming little place but can be packed on the weekends in the summer. If you want to do some wine tasting there are a couple of spots, one is across from the park and one a few buildings just north of the park on the same side of the street.

·
Administrator
15,985 Posts
Have been there a number of times. We used to go when we lived in Milton and then more often when we lived it St. Catharines. A friend of ours is a hairdresser for the cast members and she would often get us free tickets. NOTL is a charming little place but can be packed on the weekends in the summer. If you want to do some wine tasting there are a couple of spots, one is across from the park and one a few buildings just north of the park on the same side of the street.
Been going to NOTL for over 40 years, the Festival for over 20 years, usually see one or 2 plays a year. I know the area VERY well. One of my former employees has taken over a B&B there and we've stayed with her the past couple of years.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Been going to NOTL for over 40 years, the Festival for over 20 years, usually see one or 2 plays a year. I know the area VERY well. One of my former employees has taken over a B&B there and we've stayed with her the past couple of years.
That's great! You obviously like the place as much as we do. Have you been to Beau Chapeau? They have a great selection of hats for men and women.

·
Administrator
15,985 Posts
That's great! You obviously like the place as much as we do. Have you been to Beau Chapeau? They have a great selection of hats for men and women.
Let's just say I've watched my wife walk in and out a few times.

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Dang the rain! Got almost one set in and my DRRI packed it in and the organizers called it off. We were under a tent but I was on the weather-side and the wind was just ripping the rain and mist in. One pedal started to misbehave and the the amp lost almost all it's output. Took her home and wiped her down (and the pedals) and left her overnight to dry out. The next day she fired right up but I went ahead and changed the 6V6's and a pair od 12AX7's that were a bit noisy anyway. Pedals all seem to be working ok too.

**sigh**

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Dang the rain! Got almost one set in and my DRRI packed it in and the organizers called it off. We were under a tent but I was on the weather-side and the wind was just ripping the rain and mist in. One pedal started to misbehave and the the amp lost almost all it's output. Took her home and wiped her down (and the pedals) and left her overnight to dry out. The next day she fired right up but I went ahead and changed the 6V6's and a pair od 12AX7's that were a bit noisy anyway. Pedals all seem to be working ok too. **sigh**
Too bad Chris. I was hoping that your followup note was going to be about your discovery by one of the world's top bands, whose members happened to be gambling nearby and heard you, and that since you were (reluctantly) giving up accounting to accept the band's offer your clients should explore other options.

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Too bad Chris. I was hoping that your followup note was going to be about your discovery by one of the world's top bands, whose members happened to be gambling nearby and heard you, and that since you were (reluctantly) giving up accounting to accept the band's offer your clients should explore other options.
I like the way you think :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts