The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night i found out a good friend of mine was involved in a head on head collision yesterday. He was in a car with his wife and daughter. They car is compleaty totaled to the point were they needed the jaws of life to get them out. They were all sent to the hospital . I dont know anything about the second car . My friend is still in the hospital under watch. His wife is in icu and is needing to go to halifax for surgery and possibly a new hip. His daughter is still in emergency and is waiting for a bed to become available. She has a broken foot and a fracture in her spine and sternum.

But on the bright side they are still here . I dont know his wife or daughter vary much but the father my friend would give anything he had to help a fella. Hes always giving me trouble at work if you know what mean lol. Saying stull " dont you ever work , is all you do is talk, come with me il show you real work " i know it will be a bit before he and his family will get back to normal but at least they are still here

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
My sister was killed almost 10 years ago in a head on crash by a drunk driver
I miss her very much
As Bruce Springsteen wrote in his song; Glory Days; “Glory days well they'll pass you by ... in the wink of a young girl's eye”
Life can change pretty quick
Blessings to your friend and his family and peace to you

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I’d be happy to go to either of those places. My mother used to say “if you’re born to be hung you’ll never be drowned.”
It’s weird , I want to go to Fredricton because we are stopping at a big rehab centre it’s about 30 minutes outside of Fredricton. My friend is in a 9 month program. And Cape Breton will be nice to see my aunt and grandmother again. It will be the first winter trip in like 15 years or more . I believe it was 03 when my grandfather passed so yeah first winter trip 01 or 02 . My grandmother had close call on the way over to Pei and mom rolled the van 18 years ago when she was pregnant with the baby. So nether of them do winter driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
What a terrible story. I wish all the best to the family and pray they recover from this terrible accident.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
It’s weird , I want to go to Fredricton because we are stopping at a big rehab centre it’s about 30 minutes outside of Fredricton. My friend is in a 9 month program. And Cape Breton will be nice to see my aunt and grandmother again. It will be the first winter trip in like 15 years or more . I believe it was 03 when my grandfather passed so yeah first winter trip 01 or 02 . My grandmother had close call on the way over to Pei and mom rolled the van 18 years ago when she was pregnant with the baby. So nether of them do winter driving
I kinda like driving in snowstorms and bad weather but it’s the other people you have to watch out for and these days I’m too lazy to swap the snows onto my truck; they’re in the back as winter weight.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I miss her very much
As Bruce Springsteen wrote in his song; Glory Days; “Glory days well they'll pass you by ... in the wink of a young girl's eye”
I am sorry to hear of that .

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
I miss her very much
condolences for your sister, but that's not what that song is talking about at all

·
Registered
181 Posts
condolences for your sister, but that's not what that song is talking about at all
Thanks @cheezyridr
Yes sorry for the half baked quote. I am a Bruce aficionado and I have his lyrics running through my head all the time... sometimes I bend them too far to fit a situation and I’m sorry about that.
I should have qualified that I picked that quote not so much for the victims but more to remind us that the days can slip away from us so we need to cherish our time here. Kiss our loved ones more, play more guitar and be gentle with each other. Life can change in a blink and our best times can be behind us.
Apologies to @silvertonebetty for sidetracking the OP

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Hard to get through something like this. I try and lose myself in music for at least a half hour a day when I'm stressed. A half hour is long enough to lose yourself and forget for bit but not too long that you feel guilty. Find something that will do that for you. Hoping for a good recovery for all involved.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
I hope your friend and his family fully recover. Physically is usually easier. A bad accident is harder to recover emotionally/mentally.

On your trip to Fredericton, it looks like you are going to have decent weather for driving. Beep the horn as you go by the cutoff to Minto.:)

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Wow that is some terrible news I can just imagine how hopeless one can feel getting news like that and its never easy watching friends or family suffer through that kind of devastation and the financial burden often placed on innocent victims never easy I'm sure we all hope the very best for them and let them know we are thinking of them and their fast recovery and hope that at the end they come out okay at the very least both physical and financial and I pray that his wife doesn't have to go somewhere else that can be hell travelling between two hospitals prayers from us out west.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts