The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i just lug my pedals in a backpack to and from band practise. Which is extremely annoying because it takes very long to set up and stuff. So I want some kind of case for my pedals. All my pedals are from different companies so they are not the same size. Does anyone have any recommomentations for some good cases where perhaps the top comes off and your good to go. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
right now i just lug my pedals in a backpack to and from band practise. Which is extremely annoying because it takes very long to set up and stuff. So I want some kind of case for my pedals. All my pedals are from different companies so they are not the same size. Does anyone have any recommomentations for some good cases where perhaps the top comes off and your good to go. Thanks.

The stagemaster cases from Long and McQuade are good. Not too expensive, either.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
If you don't need a fancy case and everything just grab a board and make your own. Seriously, put a handle on it so you can carry it easily and leave everything hooked up. So many of the commercial boards are ridiculously priced.

TG

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you don't need a fancy case and everything just grab a board and make your own. Seriously, put a handle on it so you can carry it easily and leave everything hooked up. So many of the commercial boards are ridiculously priced.

TG
That is a good idea... but i mean i dont just want the pedals to be exposed.. i want them to be sealed in a case

·
Premium Member
16,683 Posts
If you or someone close to you has basic carpentry skills and a few simple tools, you can build something like this for $40. or less depending on whether you can scrounge up a few materials.

And with the lid on (the snake detaches of course)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I see you're in Toronto..
if you go to Kensington market, to any of the thrift stores, they'll have used suitcases for around $30..

Theres one in particular i'm thinking of that I go to all the time called "King of Kensington".

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think the modified suitcase is the best idea. Spray paint it black, changes hinges, at least it has a top and bottom. From there I guess you drill in a wedge along bottom and angle a spray painted board on the inside and you are done. I'm going to be doing this when finally I finish my damn bathroom reno. The hardest decision to make then is probably what power source to use. Is anyone using a 1 spot or other? Where did you find yours in Canada? Online or in the store?

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I have a case kind of like this one

From Walmart. It's $20.00. I just removed the hinges, bought some pins like these

So the cover is now removable. I put some industrial velcro on the lid side and attached my pedals to it. Great idea, and relatively inexpensive. You get a decent strength board with a lid. Add some foam to the new 'top' of the case, and you're ready to roll.

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
I think the modified suitcase is the best idea. Spray paint it black, changes hinges, at least it has a top and bottom. From there I guess you drill in a wedge along bottom and angle a spray painted board on the inside and you are done. I'm going to be doing this when finally I finish my damn bathroom reno. The hardest decision to make then is probably what power source to use. Is anyone using a 1 spot or other? Where did you find yours in Canada? Online or in the store?
Depends on what you need to power. If its mostly standard pedals (9V, no big amperage requirements), the one spot is fine. If you have a bunch of MXR stuff you'll need a DC brick. It can power both 9V and 18V pedals.

I don't have a lot of pedals, so I still use batteries. They last about 3 months most times as long as I remember to unplug them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do have a suitcase lying around. I guess I could velcro the pedals to the bottom of the suitcase...and make the suitcases top come off.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
One of my pedalboards is a Pedaltrain but my main one is made inside of an old Samsonite case. The hinges are sloted so I can slide the lid off and on and away you go. Cheap, quick and dirty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts