The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to pull the trigger on buying a trio because I wanted something that'd get me practicing slightly more religiously again, and it was finally on sale for cheap.

right out of the box, it works pretty well. Some of the things you play will need to be dumbed down and simplified so the device understands what you want, but I wouldn't expect a robot to know what feel/vibe I'm trying to get, but eventually you'll get something close...... Unless you're trying to get a metal sound. This thing simply doesn't do that.
It'll do rock, but not metal.

After a few days of playing with the Trio, I remembered it can be updated.

This is my first "plug into a computer for stuff" pedal,
So i was pleasantly surprised to find updates actually do stuff instead of just slight audio tweaks to appease the people who complain about midi drum sounds on practice equipment

Out of the box, the device is rated a solid "pretty decent",
But once you hit it with that update which gives you the ability to makes the bass player play simpler stuff and play more lower notes,
Its rating easily jumps up to a "hey, thats actually pretty damn cool".
And for $65 bucks its a steal

What's your take on the Trio?
Did you like it or hate it?

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
I decided to pull the trigger on buying a trio because I wanted something that'd get me practicing slightly more religiously again, and it was finally on sale for cheap.

right out of the box, it works pretty well. Some of the things you play will need to be dumbed down and simplified so the device understands what you want, but I wouldn't expect a robot to know what feel/vibe I'm trying to get, but eventually you'll get something close...... Unless you're trying to get a metal sound. This thing simply doesn't do that.
It'll do rock, but not metal.

After a few days of playing with the Trio, I remembered it can be updated.

This is my first "plug into a computer for stuff" pedal,
So i was pleasantly surprised to find updates actually do stuff instead of just slight audio tweaks to appease the people who complain about midi drum sounds on practice equipment

Out of the box, the device is rated a solid "pretty decent",
But once you hit it with that update which gives you the ability to makes the bass player play simpler stuff and play more lower notes,
Its rating easily jumps up to a "hey, thats actually pretty damn cool".
And for $65 bucks its a steal

What's your take on the Trio?
Did you like it or hate it?
If I saw one for $65 I would give it a shot...

Reactions: Sam-i-am

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't know it could be updated. Had one for a year or so and quite like it.
I knew from the get-go,
But I wanted to give it a few days so I would actually know what's gonna change within the pedal

The update made things better.
The bassist isn't as wild anymore.
He tends to not jump half way up the fretboard and back constantly, plus you can program the pedal to know when the riff you're playing is supposed to be slow/fast/standard rhythm and set the bass to "simple mode" so you dont get outshined at inappropriate times LOL

The update installing program is on the website if you need it

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Are you guys running it through your amps or do you have dedicated monitors for it? I would love to try it but I've read its not worth using unless you have monitors and separate it from the amp.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you guys running it through your amps or do you have dedicated monitors for it? I would love to try it but I've read its not worth using unless you have monitors and separate it from the amp.
In personally not that picky, seeing how its a drum machine..... It'll never sound as crisp as a real drummer, which I have accepted.

I just plug it into one of my 2 amps, i run my rig in stereo.
Sounds fine to me, should sound fine to you unless you're picky a bout what sound comes out of where.

I'd say get the Trio,
And don't let a couple of online Crybaby's change your mind with their petty complaints.

Were they expecting a real drummer to be hiding inside the trio?

If you know what you're paying for, and have an interest in taking your practice to another level,
I'm certain you'll enjoy adding it to your practice sessions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts