The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It get's mailed out to me tomorrow.

This is a modded Tweed Champ clone. It runs at 14 watts instead of the usual 6. I ordered it from a guy in the States. Only $399 US! It was a 14 week wait though so I am pretty excited.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Does the builder have a website?

Let us know how it sounds, it looks great!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Very sweet...and great price too. Bet you can,t wait to plug her in.

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His name is Jim and his site is http://www.littledawgamps.com

He also makes Tweed Deluxe, Princeton, and Bassman clones. All 3 of those are around $499.

I try to buy Canadian when I can, but his prices are shockingly low. I couldn't even order a kit to build myself for that much I don't think.

I am drooling looking at the photos. I can't wait to plug my Tele into it.

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Addicted, I am pretty sure it started as a hobby for him, then he started getting a LOT of business thanks to posts on he various Fender forums about his amps.

But he still hasn't jacked up his prices, so I figure he must have some sort of inside line on parts.

The prices are indeed crazy though. Some builders order their cabs in, he actually hand builds those as well. He sent photos of the entire process while he was building.

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Champster Special arrived today! I just finished giving it it's first test with my 52 RI' Tele. The tone on the amp is incredible. I don't know what else to say except to tell you it sends chills up my spine. Dimed out the overdrive is the nicest overdrive I have ever heard.

The packing job on the amp was ridiculously good. I think you could have dropped the box of a building and nothing would have happened to the amp.

He included a new set of JJ tubes (included in the $399 USD price), with a 6L6 and a 6V6 to try out. So far I have only tried out the 6V6.

·
Registered
54 Posts
torndownunit said:
My Champster Special arrived today! I just finished giving it it's first test with my 52 RI' Tele. The tone on the amp is incredible. I don't know what else to say except to tell you it sends chills up my spine. Dimed out the overdrive is the nicest overdrive I have ever heard.

The packing job on the amp was ridiculously good. I think you could have dropped the box of a building and nothing would have happened to the amp.

He included a new set of JJ tubes (included in the $399 USD price), with a 6L6 and a 6V6 to try out. So far I have only tried out the 6V6.
Very cool!!! Congrats on the amp - looks killer

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just thought I'd post some new photos. These show the Champster and my Princeton Reverb side by side so you guys can get an idae of the dimensions. The Princeton Reverb is in an Allen cabinet which is 2 inches taller than a stock one (to take a 12" speaker better).

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts