The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in long and mcquade yesterday about to buy a new american strat when the salesman all of a sudden showed me this used 89 american strat for 600 dollars including hardshell case:D. Ill post up pics as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
13,032 Posts
Yes, you are right. Must have pics because.........

Need Pics

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Congratulations SnowBlind. I've also got a 1989 American Strat which I bought in that same year. Is yours an American Standard Strat because that's what mine is. It's also got the Lace Sensor pickups with a nice sunburst finish and a maple neck and yes, eventually I'll be taking pictures of not only that guitar but my entire collection. It'll be a while though as I'm moving towards the end of April.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey snowblind
gotta like that strat....
looks in pretty good shape and was a deal at that price

happy playing
Auger

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
SnowBlind said:
I was in long and mcquade yesterday about to buy a new american strat when the salesman all of a sudden showed me this used 89 american strat for 600 dollars including hardshell case:D. Ill post up pics as soon as possible.
...that's an astounding deal!

the guitar is gorgeous - congratulations!

-dh

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
Great deal! I'm beginning to think I'm missing something with the strats.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Chito said:
Great deal! I'm beginning to think I'm missing something with the strats.
Took me a long time to come around to them. Eventually I found the right one and love it.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
You scored a pretty good deal there and I can definitely tell it's an '89 because the serial number starts with an "E", same as mine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And to think I was going in there with the mind set of buying a new american strat for 1250... I played a few and I just didnt like the feel of the fretboard. The fretboards are too flat for my liking. I was just small talking with the salesman about how I didnt like the flatness of the fretboard and he said that he had a solution for me and just pulled my guitar out of no where. Ill try to post up recordings eventually when my band gets into the studio.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts