The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was $300 so I figured why not. It may not be as good as a GB, but it adds alot of kick. Before I just had 1 15". I really wanted to just hear the difference a pair of tens would have. I'm very impressed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Paper or aluminum cones?

Also, what brand is your 1x15" - I'm looking as possibly adding a 1x15" to my 4x10 combo for extra oomph when we don't have access to a sub-woofer.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paper cones. The aluminum sounded too middy for my liking. And my 15" is the 15" in my yorkville combo. I don't know what brand the spaker is. It has an external speaker jack that I plug the 2 10"s into.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hammer, add the 15" to your setup, you won't regret it. Our bass player runs through a 4x10 ampeg and a 1x15 ampeg bottom cab...shakes the room.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ripper said:
Hammer, add the 15" to your setup, you won't regret it. Our bass player runs through a 4x10 ampeg and a 1x15 ampeg bottom cab...shakes the room.
yeah, it really adds alot to just 10s.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ripper said:
Any recommendations on a good value 8 ohm 1x15"? Avatar doesn't make them any longer unfortunately.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Xanadu said:
Paper cones. The aluminum sounded too middy for my liking. And my 15" is the 15" in my yorkville combo. I don't know what brand the spaker is. It has an external speaker jack that I plug the 2 10"s into.
Ahh yes - guess I should have read that. I rented an XM200 for a few months before I found my Ashdown 410 combo on ebay. I really liked it - I bet the 2x10 really complements it well.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The 1x15 that Yorkville sells sounds really good. they go on flea bay fairly reasonable. If you can live with the nice blue carpet you're set.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ripper said:
The 1x15 that Yorkville sells sounds really good. they go on flea bay fairly reasonable. If you can live with the nice blue carpet you're set.
mine's black and its not carpet, its that hard stuff...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ripper said:
Funny thing is, I just saw someone on Toronto KIJIJI selling an older yorkville 1x15" (looks like the mono-bloc style) for $125.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts