The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any forum members have tried it? or plan on starting a Hangout?
It just seems like a natural progression, what could be better than 10 forum members talking (video conferencing) about guitars and amps all day/night...haha

Heres a brief description ......................

Hangouts. Have voice and video conversations from your computer. The plugin is free and installs in seconds. Download Plugin. It's free and installs in seconds. Icon of video calls. Talk face to face from your computer. Make free video calls with up to 10 people. Icon of mobile device. Connect from any device

·
Premium Member
17,381 Posts
I use it to text the wife while I'm stateside. I've never done a group chat since I haven't needed to.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I only usually like people when I don't have to see or hear them. But it could be neat to check out new gear, or gear that's for sale.
I also thought it would be a great tool for buying gear as well, this has many useful applications, I was also thinking as a jamming and lessons tool!
I am surprised it's not used more often in guitar forums all over!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
We used to use it for meetings of key players from each office. Was great for me, cause I was in a very busy/noisy area, so I could actually log in on my phone and do it from my car. "The Morning Huddle" we called it. It usually got derailed by my (aforementioned Star Wars loving) boss.

Good tool though.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
I’ve used a few times for meetings. It works pretty good until you get around six or seven people on the call. You need a good moderator and people have to agree to signal when they want to talk. Otherwise it turns into big mess with lot’s of audio and video dropouts.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I used it a couple times when I interviewed at Hootsuite.
its ok.

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
I’ve used a few times for meetings. It works pretty good until you get around six or seven people on the call. You need a good moderator and people have to agree to signal when they want to talk. Otherwise it turns into big mess with lot’s of audio and video dropouts.
That's what I was thinking it would be good for. We have people from one end of the country to the other. we use skype but it's not always the best. I think I will suggest this and see what the feedback is like. If it works well, I'll let everyone know what the results were.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If Butterknucket sets up a jam I would like to check it out!!...I think it would be very interesting!!

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
What have I gotten myself into?
So, imagine this, but with guitars.
All logged into a virtual studio. (Each person on there own line on a DAW)
But in real time!
A rehearsal where you don’t have to lug gear to a cold garage!

Oh Butterknucket, loose the robe bud, very 80’s....

Sent from my other brain.

Reactions: butterknucket

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, imagine this, but with guitars.
All logged into a virtual studio. (Each person on there own line on a DAW)
But in real time!
A rehearsal where you don’t have to lug gear to a cold garage!

Oh Butterknucket, loose the robe bud, very 80’s....

Sent from my other brain.
oh man, that looks like a blast!
c'mon Butter we need your guidance!!
I was hoping this will work so I could learn a few riffs!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think the Hang Out can work up to 10 people...Apparently a good moderator can keep it very orderly.
I have watched Tone-Talk with Dave Friedman and I thoroughly enjoyed the episodes!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts