The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions? I usually use Avenue Guitars but last time I thought the work was sub par and it took over three weeks for something quite simple (after originally being told it would be done "in a few days").

I bought an RS Guitarworks electronics upgrade kit for my Strat and just need the wires soldered; I keep saying that one day I will buy a soldering iron and learn to do this but I always chicken out (I am remarkably unhandy!).

TG

·
Registered
15 Posts
Edm. Tech

Hi
Kimble Zaderey, who has a business called The House of Tone in South Edm., will do do any kind of guitar work from mods, upgrades to complete guitar builds. The guy absolutely lives and breathes guitar and anything related to guitar. If you're okay with it, send me your email address and I will forward his newsletter with his contact info on it.

Thanx,
Jim

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
drive down to calgary and see jim mozell at axe music there. his prices are great, his work is purely world-class (really, he's a whole lot better than anyone i've worked with, and i've worked with a lot). his turn-around time is the tougher part, as he's very good, so he's very busy. but, if you call ahead and talk to him and book an appointment, he'll do the work while you wait, assuming it's not a huge job. he's also a really nice, honest guy for the record. as to the soldering, it's really not too bad, especially if you have a pre-wired kit, and if you do foul things up, well you were headed for the guitar tech's anyways :D (just be aware most guitar techs will charge extra to fix someone else's mistakes, lol)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have the phone number for The House of Tone? I cannot find anything about this place (outside of a my space page with no phone number and an expired Kiji ad).

Thanks
TG

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll PM you
Thanks for the info! I just spoke with him and have an appointment for Thursday evening. He sounds like a very nice guy and it is so AMAZING to find a tech with excellent communication skills :D I have interacted with way to many techs (guitar and amp) who don't listen to a word I say or grunt incomprehensible answers to my questions.

I'll report back after the work is done.

TG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts