The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for an amp tech and guitar tech who really know their shit. Everything from tube replacement/biasing to cleaning scratchy pots, to complete amp repairs. Couldn't find much in the sticky'd thread :(

Had a broken 5150 pass through 2 different techs (one @ Songbird, and the other a local tech named Lief) neither of them could fix the problem despite having the amp for months on end AND each charging a $40 bench fee. It was a preamp problem that I TOLD THEM ABOUT when bringing the amp to them. When picking up the amp after they gave up on it all they could tell me was that they isolated the problem to the preamp (which any ass could deduce by just using the line out to check the preamp only)

So I need a tech who ACTUALLY knows what they're doing with tube amps. I'm scared to take my VHT to a tech because I don't want them to butcher an amp of that calibur. Quick turnaround times would be a major plus as I have had the 5150 in and out of tech shops for about 6 months now.

A decent guitar tech would also be nice for quick setups and minor rewiring jobs.

Anyone have any good experiences? All help is much appreciated :)

I

·
0 Posts
I used John Fletcher for years for my Marshalls. The 12th Fret recommended him after I blew the tranny in my JTM-60. He's in the Pape & Danforth area. PM me and I'll give you his number.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
You might want to get the tech to check the output from the "effects send" jack.

This is one tube further back in the chain (V3) and would tell you if the problem is one tube stage earlier.

Good luck!

:food-smiley-004:

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Deleted - wrong thread.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Check out 'Gunny', Andy from Pickering. He's on this site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts