The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Gadzooks!

Look at that price! I don't even want to think about converting that into Canadian dollars.

Celestion is only building a few models in England. They are all VERY expensive! The rest of the line was moved to China some years ago.

As I've said before, China is a country where you can be shot for listening to rock and roll. Would you expect them to be experts at making a great rock speaker?

I've been accused on these forums of being "right-wing" and lacking compassion. Well, I just can't bring myself to buy a new Chinese Celestion. I keep seeing that young fellow in the square, standing in front of a tank and hoping he won't be run over. I guess there's compassion for some and not for others.

Politics aside, if you follow Greenbacks on Ebay you'll quickly see that the old ones often go for more money than the new. It would seem others hear a difference, too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I dont know about that speaker. seems sort of gimmicky. I think a lot of what I like about celestion blues is how thin and responsive they are. Imagine punishing that new monster into speaker distortion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts