The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok boys and girls,

i finally getting my chance to go to the states so i can buy something good back... what should i get? (yes i'm talking about amps!)

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
hm rushing into purchasing an amp doesnt sound like a good idea to me...

1. do you need a new amp?
2. whats your price range?
3. what kind of music do you play?
4. what guitar you gots?
5. do you need a new amp?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
its about the splurging man! If I was going to the states, I would rather spend my tourism money on an amp than mickey mouse hats...
'

with that said, if you are heading down to Californny you sure have a lot of options. Lots of boutique builders there. There are some really good amp makers in Colorado too I believe...Neil Zaza is there too also I think...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hitting up Boston, MA...

i was just thinking about getting a Roland Cube 60! tehehehe

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I'm hitting up Boston, MA...

i was just thinking about getting a Roland Cube 60! tehehehe
that's a decent bass amp..

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
no thats a great guitar amp too,the Roland Cube has had great reviews on a lot of forums and places.. Is Boston near New York? I have no idea but...yeah tech21 new york city is a great company too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bostons a few hours from NY.. but the main concern is something i can bring onto the plane without it getting destroyed!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lolz nice dood,

i wonder are the orange SS amps any good? or are you suggesting i buy an orange tiny terror?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lolz iphones!!!! the new ones can't be unlocked :( (yet?)

ohh just for fun, i called up my local Roland Cube dealer... $499CAD for the Cube 60.... in the states.. $345USD.. OUCH!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
wow...thats quite a difference. Might want to pick one up then. Check out the Tech21 Trademark 60 too, and the Vox AD50VT if you can.

the roland and those two amps are very similar (1x12 combos). The tech21 is solid state while the roland and vox and modeling. Try them out and see which you like best.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
the epi is a very nice little amp. Lots you can do with them, and even stock they are great. Worth a try. I would personally go with a vox AD series though lol...I like those things...or a roland cube...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Spend your money at home, go to your local L&M and buy a YCV50...a great amp that our American friends don't really know about!
-Mikey

·
Registered
74 Posts
self amplified

Id look for a National Duolin, metal bodied round neck, even though they come with their own "amp" they are way too pricey up here-I played one at a store last month, a new one, man was it LOUD.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts