The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I made a little road trip to A& M in Cambridge. I was looking for a nice pice of flamed maple for the top of a guitar I have in progress and I found it. I decided to also get myself this belated Christmas gift. Guess I'll be making myself a myself a quilt top.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Metal#J# said:
SWEETDrool

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it.
Not at all. That 3/4 in thick bit of wood cost me $ 175 plus tax.
I think this guitar will be an expensive self indulgence.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
yes but its so worth it!

Only lovers of wood can appreciate spending that much on a small board.... :)

I love A&M. I went to Conestoga College's Wood Working Centre back in 1992-1995 (three year industrial wood working program) and spent many an hour over at A&M picking through their wood and veneers.

I wish I could justify making the 8 hour drive down there just to spend a few hours (and a few grand) on some awesome pieces of wood.

I bet youre going to turn that into something pretty damn nice.:rockon:

AJC

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ajcoholic said:
yes but its so worth it!

Only lovers of wood can appreciate spending that much on a small board.... :)

I love A&M. I went to Conestoga College's Wood Working Centre back in 1992-1995 (three year industrial wood working program) and spent many an hour over at A&M picking through their wood and veneers.

I wish I could justify making the 8 hour drive down there just to spend a few hours (and a few grand) on some awesome pieces of wood.

I bet youre going to turn that into something pretty damn nice.:rockon:

AJC
They are having an all afternoon open house for instrument makers a week from Sunday. I received an invite today. Might be worth the trip. BTW. The Guy I was talking to remembered your order for the archtop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts