The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to check out a Hamer Special with P90s. US made. I will not say what it is selling for. I still want it to be there. This is not the same guitar, but it is what it looks like. You will hear from me either way.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,720 Posts
I had one exactly like that. It was a great guitar, but I found the neck a little too thin. Sounded and played great though. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Robert1950 said:
I'm going to check out a Hamer Special with P90s. US made. I will not say what it is selling for. I still want it to be there.
What makes you think that if you tell us the price it won't still be there? After all, we don't know where the guitar is?:tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Hi Robert,

Not sure if you're the same person that posted on TGP but I'll repeat what I said there. The Specials are excellent guitars. Looks like you're considering the all mahagony model. Excellent choice. If the guitar is in excellent condition, you should be able to pick it up for $600-$650 Canadian. Lots of guitar for little money.

As Mario (hello btw!) said, the majority either had skinny or medium neck profiles.

I've been to the Hamer factory and Jol Dantzig gave us a tour of the place. Incredibly talented are the guys building these guitars. Truly among the best.

Feel free to e-mail me and I try to answer your questions.

Btw, I had a Special FM with Rio Grande humbuckers (TX and BBQ) that was in like new condition. Great guitar but the neck was on the small side of medium and so I sold her.

Good luck!
Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,720 Posts
sw686blue said:
Hi Robert,

Not sure if you're the same person that posted on TGP but I'll repeat what I said there. The Specials are excellent guitars. Looks like you're considering the all mahagony model. Excellent choice. If the guitar is in excellent condition, you should be able to pick it up for $600-$650 Canadian. Lots of guitar for little money.

As Mario (hello btw!) said, the majority either had skinny or medium neck profiles.

I've been to the Hamer factory and Jol Dantzig gave us a tour of the place. Incredibly talented are the guys building these guitars. Truly among the best.

Feel free to e-mail me and I try to answer your questions.

Btw, I had a Special FM with Rio Grande humbuckers (TX and BBQ) that was in like new condition. Great guitar but the neck was on the small side of medium and so I sold her.

Good luck!
Nick
Hi Nick! How's things? BTW, Nick is a regular member on the Hamer Fan Club site. He know's alot about Hamers' and a nice guy to boot!:banana:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
51 Posts
Killer guitar. I've been dying for a P90 guitar lately (LP Jr. or Jazzmaster style), and a Hamer is definitely nothing to scoff at. I'm sure it's amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
mario said:
Hi Nick! How's things? BTW, Nick is a regular member on the Hamer Fan Club site. He know's alot about Hamers' and a nice guy to boot!:banana:
Hey Mario,

Things are good! Always suffering from GAS but I've come to realize that it's a disease that I can live with :D

What's in your stable these days?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,720 Posts
sw686blue said:
Hey Mario,

Things are good! Always suffering from GAS but I've come to realize that it's a disease that I can live with :D

What's in your stable these days?
I have a McCarty on the way from someone on TGP. I know what you mean about GAS. I have come to accept and embrace it!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sw686blue said:
Hi Robert,
If the guitar is in excellent condition, you should be able to pick it up for $600-$650 Canadian. Lots of guitar for little money.

As Mario (hello btw!) said, the majority either had skinny or medium neck profiles.

Feel free to e-mail me and I try to answer your questions.

Good luck!

Nick
Thanks for the comments, I heard that the '92 model has a smaller neck. I have a small hand. The PRS wide fat and the Gbison '59 are just too much for me. As for the price - it looks like I may be getting a killer deal.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Baconator said:
What makes you think that if you tell us the price it won't still be there? After all, we don't know where the guitar is?:tongue:
Exactly. :tongue: :tongue:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top