The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Interesting indeed. They appear to be steadily expanding their line and incorporating more Strat profiles alongside their classic Godin look.

Nice guitar. I'd like to try out one with a maple fretboard.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Good question - I'd hope they'd be in keeping with their more mid-range line.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Pretty close... it's the addition of the new electronics which separates it, I guess.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
superstrrats ftw!!!! nice...I wouldnt mind trying one of those out for sure. Godin has a good reputation for quality :) Plus they are Canadian.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a Godin Freeway Classic. The new guitar shares it's exact body and neck construction and most of the hardware. What I see different is the single-single-double configuration instead of the Freeway Classic's Double-single-double, and the addition of a pre-amp with a cleaver bipass switch.

I suppose you could call it the next stop in the Godin double-cut line, though in my humble opinion the Godin Artisan's of the 90's and early 2000's with their stacked humbuckers were better instruments over all.

I like my Freeway Classic well enough, but the pickups are very generic sounding (kind of like the typical OEM Seymour Duncans that are popping up everywhere. They are totally acceptible, but just don't have the chimey character of a good ole' Gibson PAF or the focus or a Lace or EMG. Still, I've gigged with it and it sounds pretty good.

The necks on these things are phenomenal, especially if you're sensibilities lie in the Fender camp. The three piece leaf maple bodies are a bit light weight for my taste and it affects the tone significantly.

Jeff

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The three piece leaf maple bodies are a bit light weight for my taste and it affects the tone significantly.

Jeff
Hey Cohenj,

Does the body make it particularly bright guitar?

You say the lightweight body affects the tone significantly....is that in a good way?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts