·
Premium Member
16,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
16,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The new mandie sound great Milkman, ...I like that tune too.
Thanks. I know it sounds a bit shrill in the monitors. My other mando has the same tendency but through the mains the bottom and mids come out better.

And it IS a great tune, especially with a full band.

·
Premium Member
16,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sounds great. It's kinda funny though the mandolin looks puny with you playing it, a big buff man with a small instrument:D.
LOL, maybe I should get a mandocello.

It does look funny but I guess people do find it an interesting change when I pull it out on stage.

Thanks for watching.

Hey wait a second. "Small instrument"????

I AM French canadian you know.

(we're talking about the mandolin right?)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Ha good stuff.

I have an old Mandolin stored away somewhere from my Grandma. She's actually pretty good. Kinda funny to watch a 75 year old, 4 foot 9" Polish lady shred on a Mandolin.

·
Premium Member
16,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha good stuff.

I have an old Mandolin stored away somewhere from my Grandma. She's actually pretty good. Kinda funny to watch a 75 year old, 4 foot 9" Polish lady shred on a Mandolin.

Sounds like the right size of instrument for her.

I come from the east coast originally and the kitchen gatherings almost always included someone with a mandolin.

It's just a cool little thing to pick up.

I

·
0 Posts
Sounds nice. My only gripe with it is they made it look like a little guitar. That bugs me at some fundamental level. Mandolins are not little guitars. Why must we degrade them so?

·
Premium Member
16,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds nice. My only gripe with it is they made it look like a little guitar. That bugs me at some fundamental level. Mandolins are not little guitars. Why must we degrade them so?
Strangely enough, you'd be surprised by how many people have asked me about that "little guitar" I play on stage and THAT was a traditional F-type.

This one will REALLY confuse them.

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
"What is that, a banjo?"

"Oh I love the sound of a ukulele."

"Is that what Tiny Tim plays?"

"I didn't know a childrens' guitar could sound so good."

Over the years I've heard them all.

Fwiw, I play a Jim Moon A style, maple/spruce, Weber tailpiece, Schaller machines, Schatten pickup, solid bridge with bone insert. And I have major MAS for another.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Premium Member
16,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"What is that, a banjo?"

"Oh I love the sound of a ukulele."

"Is that what Tiny Tim plays?"

"I didn't know a childrens' guitar could sound so good."

Over the years I've heard them all.

Fwiw, I play a Jim Moon A style, maple/spruce, Weber tailpiece, Schaller machines, Schatten pickup, solid bridge with bone insert. And I have major MAS for another.

Peace, Mooh.

LOL, yup I've heard most of those.

MAS....there's one I haven't seen until now.

Ever seen The Last Waltz?

Robbie Robertson plays a really cool Gibson double neck with a six string and a mandolin. It looks a bit like a Les Paul.

Very cool.

·
Premium Member
16,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You could really screw with their heads and say, "What little guitar? I only own full sized guitars?" :smile:

Well anyone who thinks it's a little guitar really doesn't need their head screwed withDrool.

I just smile and politely tell them it's a mandolin. People seem to really take a shine to it. I don't think you hear a lot of mandolin in your average bar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts