The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw the HDR in a video tour of the Godin plant. It looks completely passive. Anyone familiar with it?

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
A Godin guitar equipped with the new High-Definition Revoicer system is like having 2 sets of pickups in 1 Godin guitar. The H.D.R. augments and revoices the frequencies of each pickup, taking them to the next level of sonic clarity with a zero-hum, noiseless high-definition sound.

You can find this on the Godin site.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like ad copy not technical info, Steady.

Is it active or passive?

·
Premium Member
10,951 Posts
Switches from active to passive if I understand it correctly. I believe it's the circuit that my Godin Progression has, and I REALLY like it.

Not new, btw, mine must be 10 years old.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Switches from active to passive if I understand it correctly. I believe it's the circuit that my Godin Progression has, and I REALLY like it.

Not new, btw, mine must be 10 years old.
Does it take battery? I am looking at the Montreal Premier Supreme online, and I can't see anywhere to insert a battery.

In the video it seems to be presented as a couple of sealed potentiometers on a strip of printed circuit board with a alternative tone (capacitor??) available via a button switch. The main advantage being (according Alain Godin) a longlasting pot that has never felt the heat of soldering.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Ok, Steady, I see it clearly stated on the website that it is an "ACTIVE" preamp. Thanks guys.
You're welcome.

I do understand why it may have been a bit difficult for you to find the information. Godin's site has got all the information you would want but it can be difficult to find. They could do a much better job with the website design as could many others.

·
Premium Member
10,951 Posts
Does it take battery? I am looking at the Montreal Premier Supreme online, and I can't see anywhere to insert a battery.

In the video it seems to be presented as a couple of sealed potentiometers on a strip of printed circuit board with a alternative tone (capacitor??) available via a button switch. The main advantage being (according Alain Godin) a longlasting pot that has never felt the heat of soldering.
Yes to the battery. Here's a picture:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts