1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Any Godin Core CT P90 user?
I have a couple of questions.
1- why in middle position, if I drop the volume of either bridge or neck (unless I drop a lot) the volume of middle selector drops dramatically.
Overall seem I’m having a lot of something like a lot of phase cancellation. Is there a way to review the wiring and change this?
2- those P90s are acting weird. I thought my tone was very transparent and it was just too hot. I changed the magnet for neck to A2/A3 from A5 and instead of making it more transparent it became dull. I followed typical polarity recommendations. Unless I have a different perspective. For bridge I switched ceramic to unoriented A5 / A2. It seems it works better. I like to mostly play jazz with just a bit of compression / delay, and reverb.
So I’m wondering if magnet or orientation can cause any issue on number 1 above.
Also if the pickup height adjustment impacts the transparency of tone. Right now strings on last fret are sitting at only 3 to 4 mm above the top of the pickup (soap bar style from Seymour Duncan).

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
I have the same guitar. Everything functions as expected. I have not adjusted anything.

I A/B'd this guitar in the store with a similar Gibson. No surprises, except the Godin was slightly better in build, sound and price. I like the chambered body.

Those P90's are quite hot. (I have a Godin Premiere which I find more congenial to to the "jazz-like" finger-style I fool around with.) The Core is a great all-rounder for gigs -- light-weight and versatile.

Sorry, I can't help with your problem. No tech savvy here.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I used to have the same guitar, and my experience mirrors that of @KapnKrunch
I didn’t like the ceramic bridge pickup though, but I liked the Godin experience enough to sell it and get a Summit Classic CT P90. It has 2 vintage style P90s in it that I really like. (The ceramic bridge PU in the Core measured at 13.95k! Very high! Too much for me.)
Again, the pickups and volume interacts normally.

Sounds like something funky is happening with you electronics maybe.

·
Registered
Godin enthusiast: Rg3, Summit Classics, Stadium 59, LG, Session
47 Posts
I had that guitar, and now have the Summit classic p90 which has similar wiring. Sounds like something is wrong with your switch perhaps - check the connections on the middle two posts. I have an LG p90 and recently had problems with the mid position. It was a bad connection in the middle switch positions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts