The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,183 Posts
So what happens to Seagull, S&P and A&L?

·
Premium Member
17,183 Posts
Looks like a pretty limited line of mostly higher priced guitars. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.
I wonder who's market share they're trying to bite into with these ones. I know the makes I listed get good reviews across their models.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Seems they have car names: Metropolis, Fairmount and Rialto if I read it right. Rialto sounds like something from Buick during the 80s; I can see Kelly Bundy jumping out of a cake with one.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Find nothing about that on their website the article refers to...
So, no info about specs !

P.S. the website indicates three fretboards types : maple, rosewood and... richlite.

·
Premium Member
11,088 Posts
[fanboy disclaimer]

Kind of excited to try a few sometime.

Have often wondered why Godin didn't market acoustics badged Godin, like Gibson, Fender, Collings, Guild, etc (heck, even Taylor, Martin, and Larrivee put the same name on both acoustic and electric). I've no issue with it, it's just an idle curiousity to me. I'm quite happy with my Seagull and S&P acoustics.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
I am sure they will appear in US stores before they appear here
I am not so sure about that as I have often seen their products here but could not find them in the USA. Also, being made in Canada, they are almost always better priced here than in the USA unless there is some special on them down there.

I do like the look of the headstock and pick guard.

The article says they'll debut at NAMM so I'll keep a lookout for them.

Reactions: Bill Kerrigan

·
Premium Member
11,088 Posts
Anyone going to NAMM?
Have been invited to assist a friend in the loudspeaker business a number of times but the timing is all wrong, I would have to reschedule a lot of lesson appointments and sometimes a gig. Maybe some year if I semi-retire. It looks like a awesome time.

·
Premium Member
11,088 Posts
If the article is accurate, without hearing them, the one that appeals the most is also the most expensive. Damn!

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
I am not so sure about that as I have often seen their products here but could not find them in the USA. Also, being made in Canada, they are almost always better priced here than in the USA unless there is some special on them down there.

With the Canadian dollar so low the Prices mentioned in US $ as the street price will be significantly higher here and I cannot see someone paying over $2000 for a Godin acoustic

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With the Canadian dollar so low the Prices mentioned in US $ as the street price will be significantly higher here and I cannot see someone paying over $2000 for a Godin acoustic
For me it would depend on playing the guitar. If it sounds and feels right I would buy a Godin just as easily as a Martin or Gibson.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
That is a fair point. It would have to be one great guitar to get me to part with 2 grand for an acoustic.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Great to see they're coming out with a Godin acoustic. Much like Mooh, I'm a fan of their acoustics. Already have Seagulls, A&L, and I have played the S&P a number of times since I helped a buddy buy one. I make him leave it in my basement 2 or 3 times a year for a week or more so it can "rehumidify"...nudge nudge, wink wink. I'm already considering purchasing one of the Godins if they turn out like I want. Can't see why they wouldn't.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a $400 A&L, which I use for travel and a same size $2000 Martin.
The Martin sounds much better of course... but for the price the A&L is great.
The Godin has been building midrange since 1972, I'm sure they know what it takes to build higher quality at an affordable price.

·
Registered
14,921 Posts
Some Godin electric guitars are made in the US--for reasons cited above.
Maybe these ones will switch to that somewhere down the line?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts