The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glenn McDougall. Founder of Fury Guitars (1962) in Saskatoon.

From the Facebook page "Fans of Fury Guitars":

"Tonight I had to say goodbye to my friend, my hero, my Grampa. He went peacefully with his family beside him. My Gramps once told me, "there will always be people who will speak poorly of you, but you never want them to be right." The man was the definition of integrity. When I see the stories that people have shared over the last few months, it's obvious that he lived by those words. Thank you for sharing your stories and reminding us of what a great man he was. He improved the lives of those he touched and I'm going to miss him so damn much. I know he will be missed by many."

--Jordan Smith, 9 hours ago.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I'm sad. :(

A great human being, a great builder, a great representative of our hobby/business.

This is as significant as when Pete Traynor died. Canadian MI heroes. I hope Glenn and Pete are hooking up in the great stage in the sky. Who needs Gibson into Marshall if you can have Fury into Traynor? RIP, Glenn.

·
Premium Member
6,430 Posts
Yes, a very sad day indeed. Another huge player/pioneer in the Canadian music scene gone to meet his maker.

They say "you should never meet your heroes" but I can't help but feel I made a huge mistake by never making the time to drive to Saskatoon, meet Glenn, and shake his hand.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
RIP Mr. McDougall. An extraordinary craftsman who hand built almost every little bit and piece on most of his creations. Luthiers I've spoken too were in awe of this man for his talents, creations and innovations. He will most certainly be missed, and no doubt fondly remembered, by so many.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts