The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the small city where I live, we had Canadian group "Glass Tiger" performing for Canada Day this evening. They were hot stuff in the mid 80's, hadn't heard much of them since then. I thought they did really well and put on a great show. Looked like mostly original members (if not all original) the band was tight, singer still had his chops.
A good time was had by all. :)

·
Administrator
16,419 Posts
I'm a big fan of Alan Frew who has done a lot of work locally with London's Jeans and Classics band/orchestra. Great sense of humour, humble, and a great voice.

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
I've been to his place in Toronto - you should see his studio....super cool. He had some sort of warped honeycombed wood wall-thing there to absorb sound that was custom built, so no hopes of finding one anywhere. I have a soft spot for a lot of 80s music (one of the reasons I have satellite radio)

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
Alan Frew had a heart attack or something. Can't remember.

This is my all time favorite Glass Tiger song.

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Glass Tiger were a good band. I have a tape or 2 around here still. Popular well into the 90s (these things rarely stick to the journalistic convenience of decades).

He had some sort of warped honeycombed wood wall-thing there to absorb sound that was custom built, so no hopes of finding one anywhere.
Diffusion not absorption ;P

1 - 11 of 11 Posts