The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copied from a Facebook post.

Bad news, everybody: it appears that our storage facility was compromised last weekend and a number of our guitars and basses have grown legs

Please keep your eyes and ears peeled for the following:
GUITARS:
Squire Strat (red)
Nova (red sunburst)
Squire Telecaster (orange)
Indiana Telecaster (black)
Austin (pink, 3/4 scale)
Renegade (black, lefty)
BASSES:
Jay Turser (green)
Squire Jaguar (red)

Send the page a message if you have any information related to theft. We have been in contact with the Police and the local pawn shops, and are hopeful our gear will find it's way back home soon.

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
Truly terrible. I hope they get some donations.

P

·
0 Posts
The guitars are not valuable so donations should get them back up and running in no time.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Yup, I was thinking the same thing myself. It sucks getting robbed but we're only talking 1200-1500 replacement value if buying similar items used.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If they are run as a a non/not-for profit like some of the other camps, they can't issue tax receipts for donations like a charity so I know it can deter some donors.

Hopefully they can figure something out, or some people can donate some old gear or they find some donors that don't care about the tax write offs.

·
Registered
14,573 Posts
Sucks--and the guitars aren't even expensive--but no matter what they cost--stealing gear is wrong--and even worse it's for kids.

Hope they get the stuff back or replaced ASAP.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Anybody who'd do that really needs a good swift kick in the nuts. Hopefully you'll either get the gear back and the opportunity to kick somebody in the junk or new gear will be coming your way soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts