The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
That was excellent - thanks for posting it. I've been on something of a Pink Floyd kick recently so it made it even more enjoyable. I've never heard that song done without the full band. Sounded excellent with those 3 singing but, then again, anything probably would.

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
man i just don't get tired of any of those people's playing. crosby and nash sound wonderful, david's one of my heroes. rumour has it that fender is releasing a gilmour signature model (most likely spring NAMM 2008) (i read this on david gilmour's website, so it's more than a rumour, i guess.. ). everyone's been pretty tight lipped about it though, i'd like to know if it'll be that red strat, the black one, or that cool old gold/cream one. anyone heard any news?

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
man i just don't get tired of any of those people's playing. crosby and nash sound wonderful, david's one of my heroes. rumour has it that fender is releasing a gilmour signature model (most likely spring NAMM 2008) (i read this on david gilmour's website, so it's more than a rumour, i guess.. ). everyone's been pretty tight lipped about it though, i'd like to know if it'll be that red strat, the black one, or that cool old gold/cream one. anyone heard any news?
Here's a link for info on the guitar http://www.gilmourish.com/?p=207#more-207

4 grand seems a bit IMHO. Still would be nice to have though. I've been mulling over creating my own as a Partsocaster.

:food-smiley-004:

·
Premium Member
16,673 Posts
Although I'm a big fan of CSNY and an even bigger fan of PF, I must confess that the only thing I really liked about the clip was the backing vocals.

I really didn't care for Gilmour's treatment of the lead vocals. The melody just didn't quite seem right to me.

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
4 grand seems a bit IMHO. Still would be nice to have though. I've been mulling over creating my own as a Partsocaster.

:food-smiley-004:

dammit! i have gilmourish bookmarked i must have missed the update. yes, $4000 seems WAY out of line. the claptons are $1500 ish, the ej is what, $1700 (and a VERY nicely specc'ed guitar, not cheap with the weight restrictions), the jeff beck is about $1500 too... i'm wondering what the deal is there? might be custom shop made. fender is missing out on a huge opportunity if they go this route, imho. i might still buy one though, i'm weak... but it will be used and not this year

edit* gilmourish is a euro website, isn't it? might be the price we'll see out there, hopefully it'll be more down to earth here in north america

1 - 8 of 8 Posts