The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20190122_133231_725.jpg
This is the prototype I just built. I drew the body design 2 years ago. I just built it to see if it wanted to be a guitar. Initial reaction has been positive. This one has no serial number. The first real version will have few tweaks. The plan is chambered thin line with groovy "f" holes and a wiggle stick.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Nice. I have a solid Godin LG with a similar layout. Chambered or semi-hollow would be very cool.

·
Premium Member
5,307 Posts
Looks really nice! What kind of wood is the top? Almost looks like Koa or something.

I like your side fret markers. It gives the board a real clean look. I recently played a guitar without side markers and I was lost! and I didn't think I ever looked at them, oops.

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Reminds me of godin as well. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Nice-looking instrument. Has a no-nonsense, down-to-business vibe. Very much reminds me of Godin's design DNA from back when they were staring to make their own line of guitars. Does your guitar have a belly cut or is it a flush back like a tele?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice-looking instrument. Has a no-nonsense, down-to-business vibe. Very much reminds me of Godin's design DNA from back when they were staring to make their own line of guitars. Does your guitar have a belly cut or is it a flush back like a tele?
There is no belly cut on this one...but the thought did occur to me.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I really appreciate that on my LG and SDs... just feels nicely sculpted and comfortable that way. Anyway, would love to see the next iteration of your design... the groovy "f" holes and wiggle stick ideas sound good!

Reactions: Todd MacCulloch

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks really nice! What kind of wood is the top? Almost looks like Koa or something.

I like your side fret markers. It gives the board a real clean look. I recently played a guitar without side markers and I was lost! and I didn't think I ever looked at them, oops.
The top is Spanish Cedar. The whole body was stained with a Red Mahogany stain then 6 coats oftung oil.

·
Premium Member
12,209 Posts
Nice hunda wood.

Two tailpiece types because it's a prototype, I assume? With the tuneamatic, I'm guessing you'd go with something like a Bigsby for a vibrato arm (wigglestick)?

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Nice hunda wood.

Two tailpiece types because it's a prototype, I assume? With the tuneamatic, I'm guessing you'd go with something like a Bigsby for a vibrato arm (wigglestick)?
When I played it I told him my choice would be to go with a Bigsby and either Filtertrons or Dynasonic type pickups .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts