The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Yo.
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I RSVP'd a spot in Long & McQuade Bloor's gibson roadshow. It's invite only, but I cant make it. It's this Tuesday at 7:00pm. 60 people. Anyone want to go under my reservation? If hate the space to go to waste. The only condition is please take a ton of photos me post them here so I can see them too.

Pm me your details and I'll forward it to the guy organizing it. There's no cost.

Screenshot_20170409-143852.png

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Isn't that basically just a sales job by the store to promote Gibson's guitars or is there more to it than that?

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,172 Posts
Isn't that basically just a sales job by the store to promote Gibson's guitars or is there more to it than that?
No different than going door to door telling people about your faith, or collecting for charity or whatever. Cash or not everyone is trying to sell something. Still not sure what I paid to get my wife to marry me, I'm sure she'll tell me some day.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Gibson comes by and shows off a bunch of gear and talks to people, the store gets extra hype and new potential sales.
So it's a Gibson sales pitch. Many companies do the same thing. For a real Gibson fan it would likely be a fun and interesting evening.

Reactions: MS41R8

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Too bad you were still not out here in Ontario steadly.
You could've went with a protest sign about their high-priced marketing scam?:rolleyes:
That would be good and maybe I could have helped out small minded people like yourself you have yet to get a life.

Reactions: Jaybo

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
So the religious nutbar is calling one of the most laidback dudes I know "small minded".....irony much?

·
Yo.
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guyzzzzz

We have Open Mic for the other discussions. I just don't want my RSVP to go to waste; such a shame if it did. :( Even if one is cynical and views it as a sales pitch, at the very least, someone is going to see some really nice gear and mingle with some Gibson guys. That's how I would have gone into it.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Guyzzzzz

We have Open Mic for the other discussions. I just don't want my RSVP to go to waste; such a shame if it did. :( Even if one is cynical and views it as a sales pitch, at the very least, someone is going to see some really nice gear and mingle with some Gibson guys. That's how I would have gone into it.
DMC, I am not cynical, just realistic. I was curious as to what it was and thus my question to you in my previous post. I was wondering if it might be some sort of workshop.
It is a sales pitch but that is what companies do to market their product. I have worked for an international manufacturer and we did the same thing. I participated in them many times. I'm not knocking Gibson for it, just stating that this is what it is. And for those interested in the line and as you say, perhaps some others, it could be an interesting evening.

·
Yo.
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DMC, I am not cynical, just realistic. I was curious as to what it was and thus my question to you in my previous post. I was wondering if it might be some sort of workshop.
It is a sales pitch but that is what companies do to market their product. I have worked for an international manufacturer and we did the same thing. I participated in them many times. I'm not knocking Gibson for it, just stating that this is what it is. And for those interested in the line and as you say, perhaps some others, it could be an interesting evening.
That's cool. I am saying in general if someone is leery of thinking this is strictly a sales event. God knows how much we are bombarded with sales calls and sales pitches that make me want to puke. Sure, it may be an opportunity for Gibson to show off their stuff, but it won't be anything like a pyramid scheme sales rally.

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
873 Posts
I went to see a similar event at my local L&M last year. Big trailer full of some very high end and reasonably rare (for around here) Gibson instruments. I found it very enjoyable and not at all a "sales pitch" event. There was no invite necessary when I went, though. Got to try a bunch of beautiful CS Les Pauls, SGs, Vs, and ES/archtops, all of which were very well set up and sounded excellent.

W.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts