The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded the most beautiful I have ever owned in return guitar for this and some cash. After playing this for a day, I knew I had made the right decision. Natural, small guard, slim 60s neck with OX4 paf pickups. The size, the weight, the upper fret access, the neck all suite me very well, The low wind pickups give quite the range of tones. There is a slight bit more of mid scoop with the neck and middle positions. All I need an EQ pedal to add more mids if I want to. This also has the best sounding bridge pup of any guitar I have owned.

I traded my 2007 ES339 vintage sunburst with a '59 neck. If that had a 30/60 neck I would likely have kept it. That wee weak puny little girly man hand always found something to complain about a '59 neck, no matter how tiny that something. I will miss looking at it though.

Only have my Simon & Patrick Woodland Pro Folk to upload to Flickr now.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Very handsome guitar, congrats. I keep thinking of getting a Gibson SG. I've owned plenty of Epis over the years but it ain't the same thing.

That is one sweet-looking guitar.

·
Registered
14,387 Posts
Nice looking guitar--and if it suits what you are looking for--even better.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I love SGs. They're nice and light, versatile and they're the perfect rock guitars in my opinion. You can play just about any type of gig with an sg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts