The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is a good place within Canada to pick up some replacement parts for a LP Studio. Pickguard, pickup mounts ect?? Kind of tired of the raping I get from the couriers bringing good over the border.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Did you try Long and McQuade? I've found their prices to be pretty reasonable compared to importing from the US, when you add freight etc.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Long and McQuade? The same Long and McQuade that tried to charge me five bucks each for string (through body) ferrules? Hahaha.

I figured if they charged that much for those, a Gibson stop tailpiece came to about 600 dollars. Without the posts. L&M is a ripoff for pretty much everything. And good luck getting someone to treat you with any sort of respect unless you're wearing a suit.

Sorry. That was kind of a rant gag-reflex thing. L&M does that to me.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
There's going to be a big price difference between factory Gibson parts and import parts. L&M isn't a discounter (by any stretch of the imagination), but I've found their OEM pricing pretty fair IMO. Stuff like knobs, switch tips, etc. I don't think I save anything bringing OEM out of the states.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gtrguy said:
If you don't like the raping you get from couriers, buy them locally...seems simple enough. A LP Studio pickguard is less than $30 at Musicstop...pickup mounting rings are $9.00...for authentic Gibson parts....aftermarket stuff is even cheaper.

gtrguy

Glad we have a musicstop employee on board

·
Registered
141 Posts
nine said:
Long and McQuade? The same Long and McQuade that tried to charge me five bucks each for string (through body) ferrules? Hahaha.

I figured if they charged that much for those, a Gibson stop tailpiece came to about 600 dollars. Without the posts. L&M is a ripoff for pretty much everything. And good luck getting someone to treat you with any sort of respect unless you're wearing a suit.

Sorry. That was kind of a rant gag-reflex thing. L&M does that to me.
I feel the same. But if your looking for an online store try http://musiciansfriend.com.If not, than I know a place near brampton that sells guitars for really cheap, but they are still pretty good. If you dont live near there than I cant help you much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts