The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what Gibson has in the Les Paul form that is P90 loaded? I know some of the models like the R4 and R6, the Specials and Jr's but I'm sure they have more. Anyone one want to help me put together a list? Feel free to post links and pictures with some description. I've been tempted for a while and it would be good to know my options just in case I break down.

·
Premium Member
All the usual suspects...
203 Posts
Wondering what Gibson has in the Les Paul form that is P90 loaded? I know some of the models like the R4 and R6, the Specials and Jr's but I'm sure they have more. Anyone one want to help me put together a list? Feel free to post links and pictures with some description. I've been tempted for a while and it would be good to know my options just in case I break down.
Get an Historic Special. These are awesome and relatively cheap. I said "relatively". They can be found used at a good price.

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get an Historic Special. These are awesome and relatively cheap. I said "relatively". They can be found used at a good price.
I like these, sadly the non historics they put out in the last few years have been underwhelming and Ive tried multiples of them.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Someone on this board was selling a P90 equipped SG not long ago with some upgrades and it was really reasonably priced. Like $600 or something. I regret missing out on that one. I played a P90 SG at L&M one day and it was pretty awesome.

·
Registered
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried going the SG way but it didn't work for me. I think I need to be back in the LP game. The R4 for sale in southern is driving me nuts, I wish he was closer. I'm trying to meet up with him in Calgary.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
If look and feel and playability of the Epiphones were good, you could always upgrade the pickups. There are a fair number of Canadian pickup builder to start with.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I like these, sadly the non historics they put out in the last few years have been underwhelming and Ive tried multiples of them.
I got my 60 Historic used from a Canadian dealer for under two grand. It IS a great axe.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I tried going the SG way but it didn't work for me. I think I need to be back in the LP game. The R4 for sale in southern is driving me nuts, I wish he was closer. I'm trying to meet up with him in Calgary.
A friend has one I'm borrowing all the time. This is a great, great guitar. I love P90s with wraparounds. I have a Pete Townshend SG and a 60 Les Paul Special and they kill.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts