·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Steads, I personally don't care, but there's no way you aren't trying to start another show.

I'll subscribe just to watch it all go down :D
This was a new article the Los Angeles Times put out yesterday. Just sharing news. If anyone wants to start a "show" as you call it, it's up to them, not me.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh look, a Steadfastly Gibson post.
Keep using language like that in my threads and you will quickly be added to my ignore list. Your choice.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
They diversed a few years ago, not new news.

They bought several musical supply outfits, Onkyo being another one.
Apparently, guitars only make up @ 25% of business now.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They diversed a few years ago, not new news.

They bought several musical supply outfits, Onkyo being another one.
Apparently, guitars only make up @ 25% of business now.
Yep, just new to me.. I think the article said that Philips alone was twice the size of Gibson. This is simply the way of business these days. It definitely doesn't hurt their buying power.

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
"Not just a guitar company" indeed... they also own Baldwin pianos, and have for 15 years, Steadly.
The choice of words "no longer" is odd as it implies some recent change....that change seems to be that you just found out about things that have been going on for years . You may not want to make such announcements.

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
Which is surprising since he follows them very closely, ..incredibly closely considering how much distain he has for them.
Following and competence are 2 different things.

Speaking of which, I hope this thread gets locked out of mercy. Obviously it's gonna be a pile-on.

Reactions: jdto

·
Registered
11,656 Posts
Following and competence are 2 different things.

Speaking of which, I hope this thread gets locked out of mercy. Obviously it's gonna be a pile-on.
Good point.

It may,.. I was about to respond to Chitmo's post by saying Stadly can play with it no matter how wide it is.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts