Votes: 7 22.6%
  • That's a hard no.

Votes: 24 77.4%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gibson's Custom Shop, now with relicing! If you were to buy a Custom Shop Gibson (even hypothetically) would you want it reliced?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
To me relics are just another finish. I've seen some amazing relics and I've seen terrible relics.
My answer to the poll is neither of the options as my buying decision would depend on the individual guitar.
That said, relicing is a finish option that I would be very unlikely to pay extra for.

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
“I always stack my work up against real deal vintage Gibson guitars, and the effect that we are now able to achieve, well, there’s just nothing else out there like it. This is a game changer. This is the future of aging guitars.”

Please explain Mr Murphy

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
“I always stack my work up against real deal vintage Gibson guitars, and the effect that we are now able to achieve, well, there’s just nothing else out there like it. This is a game changer. This is the future of aging guitars.”

Please explain Mr Murphy
I take it back about the cat. Might have a time machine, though.

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
1,002 Posts
A paltry $12.3k on L&M's website for the Heavy Aged '59 LP. Cheapest is $5099 for a TV Jnr single cut.

W.

·
Premium Member
18,005 Posts
There's bad relics and there's relics where no one would know it wasn't vintage.

The good news is, you dont have to buy any of them.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I hate sticky necks & don’t mind a light relic on a Fender but can’t stand the razor blading Gibson seems to be fond of doing. Yes, I am aware of the inconsistency of my stance.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts