The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MF has this on today for $299.00 USD. It has some decent reviews which I thought was surprising for a cheap guitar made of poplar plywood.

Isn't this more in the market area of a cheap Epiphone?

Stupid Deal of the Day | Musician's Friend

Reactions: Diablo

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its pink. (ish)
Gibson calls it strawberry milk. I guess they didn't want to call it pink but I agree with you. If it looks pink, it is pink. If you put enough strawberries in a glass of milk, it will turn the milk pink.:)

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
It was originally intended to show up well on black & white television. I don't think it's that bad.

But a mahogany neck on a mahogany body? Daddy like! That sounds like a terrific deal.

Going to the MF site, they also show a Firebird Zero. You wanna talk ugly? Try this $600 mistake on for size. Basically, they took a reverse Firebird body template, and simply reversed it. The original non-reverse Firebird at least bore some resemblance to a Jazzmaster and was designed from the ground up, not just flipped over.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
I tried out one of the firebird zeros that was for sale for 399 used at guitar centre when I went to Arizona. It played like a guitar that.... was a piece of shit. It was however the lightest guitar I've ever picked up I think.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I always liked the reverse more than the non-reverse, but the Zero is just plain wrong.
Where do you rest your elbow on it?
where would you rest your elbow on any other guitar? there's a nice forearm cut on the zero.

I haven't found one locally to try out, but it'd be nice

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
Thanks for this...never knew about the Stupid Deal of the day. Gonna have to try to remember to check back.

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
You sign up for the daily email.
Thanks but having done that before on other sites over the years has made email maintenance a part time job for me (without a min wage increase), so I'm not doing that anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts